Chapter 10: Journey to Demon Realm

Zacznij od początku

The feeling of having your neck slammed was not so nice. Qing Mu squinted his eyes and lowered his head, but the anger in his eyes slowly disappeared when he saw the concern in the big dark eyes of the child he was holding in his arms. He froze and looked at them both who were embarrassed about their appearance because they had been on their journey for several days. He touched the little bun on the back of Hou Chi and said, "Why are you in a hurry? We will arrive at Lenggu City in a few hours. We'll just go change our clothing and accessories and be on our way."

Hou Chi patted his hand, curled her lips in disdain, and muttered, "Hopefully we'll follow this plan. If you get lost again, then don't blame me for being impolite to you."

Qing Mu rubbed his nose as he held the restless Hou Chi in his arms, and strode out of the dense forest.

The bright dark-purple moon was left behind by the two, shining a deep and mysterious light onto the land.

After four hours, outside the huge city, with one hand holding Qing Mu's neck and the other hand stroking her chin, Hou Chi's eyes showed a satisfied smile, and her voice carried traces of approval, "This bad you're doing quite well, you didn't disappoint me."

Qing Mu couldn't help but laugh at the old-fashioned look. He conjured a pitch-black robe and wrapped himself and Hou Chi in it, ordering, "The first and second heavens of the Demon Realm have three big cities standing there. The demon lords who have the position of the lord of the city are at the peak strength of the demon lords. Although they are not my opponents, don't be too careless. If you allow them to discover our traces, it would be very troublesome to forcibly run-up to each one.
With this wrap, Hou Chi was completely enveloped in the robe. Hou Chi nodded and shrank her entire body into the black robe. A crisp voice came from inside, "Don't worry, my tens of thousands of years of growth weren't for nothing."

The girl's voice carried some rebellious pride, and the corners of Qing Mu's mouth twitched one after another. He felt a little helpless because he asked Hou Chi to call him "Master" a month ago but this girl was mentioning her elderly status. But she was right, making it impossible for Qing Mu to argue back. He lightly sighed and tightened the warm and soft body in his arms. A cold and dangerous aura floated up from all over Qing Mu's body, and he strode towards Lenggu City.

The guard guarding the city saw a strange black-robed person in the distance but slowly retreated under the cold aura of the person who was coming. Without even asking, he welcomed him in with a respectful expression. He didn't dare offend this powerful demon. He thought that this evil aura-filled Qing Mu was a demon deity who was returning from practicing in the dense forest.

In Lenggu City, demons with human figures and beasts were everywhere. The wide streets of the city were lined with floor shops selling weapons and medicine. The yells of shopkeepers fought over one another. Although it looked lively, it was also very chaotic.

"The Immortal Realm was formed by the foundation of various sects, and there are many common immortal artifacts and medicines of the general sects, but the Demon Realm is composed of major cities. Demons are born with a savage nature and like to cultivate independently, so they need to find weapons and elixirs to help their tribulations, which is why the city is so chaotic." Perhaps he felt that the little head under the black robe kept turning, which is why Qing Mu explained in a low voice.

"Mhm, I've only seen this in books before. The Demon Realm and the Immortal Realm are really two grand places. It seems that the guard let you in because he was afraid of your strength, but you are an immortal, where did all that evil aura come from?" Hou Chi nodded her head and muttered softly, with unconcealed doubts in her voice.

This Qing Mu has too many secrets...

"Is it a lot?" Qing Mu rubbed his nose, saying, "I've had it ever since I killed a few nine-headed snakes near the Eastern Sea. There is a clothing store in front. Let's go choose some stuff."