It begins with you and me

The song title is "Message in the wind", by Carole and Tuesday anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4eRy7HCkFU

Also, the song played by Cale while he is alone is "Sweet & sweet cherry", by Golden Time anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B0qamMvNkI

***********************************************************************************************

Apparently, Nelan Barrow (or Choi Jung Gun, wherever you want to call him) had made upon himself the task of bringing his world's instruments to light up the mood of the post war during the ancient times. Cale did not think of him as an artsy person, but, apparently, he was.

And he seemed quite fond with string instruments, counting on the fact that he made them all from scratch and taught the Dragon Lord Sheritt and his people how to play them (Cale does NOT want to imagine fucking White Radish Star merrily pushing the keys or strumming a guitar's strings with a childish smile while humming to a happy song, cause, GOOSEBUMPS).

And so, Sheritt had made her own music room inside of the former White Castle (now, Black Castle, since it became something akin to Raon's lair after it got transported to the Forest of Darkness) to teach her children about those instruments while they grow up playing them.

Sadly, she had already forgotten all about playing those old things by the time Raon got to knock on her door and entered her life (well, not life because she is, you know, not exactly alive, but you get it).

But now, while Cale leans on the frame of the door of that same dusted room, gaze upon the walls decorated with violins, cellos, some ukuleles, and the grand white piano at the center of the room (a pure white color, maybe to match the former white walls from the castle in a monochromatic sense so it wouldn't stand out so brightly, but, considering the change on the walls from Raon's mana, it only made it more distinguishable).

He can't help the twitch from his fingers and the want that clouds his mind, that desire that kept whispering in his ear, telling him to approach the object of his fascination.

And so, he did.

His hands, lifting the cover of the piano, wandered the black and white ivories, mesmerized by them for a couple of seconds until he pressed one, relishing on the sound it produced. Maybe the piano had some kind of magic, considering the fact that it sounded tuned enough to play it without turning deaf by the screeching sounds it would produce if it weren't spellbound. Thousands of years had passed, after all, and not a single soul had taken a step inside this room since it was created, according to Sheritt.

Sitting on the bench in front of the lifted cover, his hands started pushing some single keys, like dancing on the cheery sound of .

The tune so endearing, brimming with joy and playfulness you would never think was coming from a man that was at his lowest, most despaired state a couple of weeks ago. But that's how healing works, more magical than any spell you could recite.

Don't get this story-teller wrong, to heal a wound from the heart that resides deep in your soul is no easy task, and it takes time until it closes successfully. But the fact that Cale was able to finally see beyond his pain and started smiling without feeling the burden he kept within him, was a sign that this process was already doing its job, easing his life.

With his fingers dancing on top of the keys, like they had a mind of their own, a little and soft smile crept to his face and a hum following the melody reverberated along with the music from the piano.