Seeing Red; The Camden Files

"Ready Teigan?" I asked as I waited by the front door at seven-thirty in the morning.
     "Yes I am." On this Friday morning, Teigan steps out of her room in a red butterfly blouse, white skinny jeans and red pups with an ankle strap. Her long brown hair cascaded down her shoulders and she pulled it out of her face with her hand that had on some king of red bracelet. Beautiful she is, this strong woman who seemed so weak squirming on the ground last night. That vision makes me worry.
     "You're going to work like that?"
     "Why? Is something wrong?"
     "No. It just seems casual."
     "Because its casual Friday." I nodded.
     "Then let's go." She nodded. I offered to drive her to work today because I still wanted to keep am eye on her after last night. It frightened me when she screamed. I ran up the steps only to find her squirming and talking with her eyes closed on the ground. I lifted her and pulled her towards me because I didn't know what else to do. I helped her into the car, got in my seat and then we left.
     As I pulled up to her work place, I felt unsettled. That man she calls her boss is very strange. The way he speaks to Teigan and the way he touches her with his unknown motive, knowing that she is married is strange beyond strange to me. The two that I can now think of are strong possibilities but if they come to be true, I will pummel him thoroughly and vigorously.
      "Camden are you alright? You're practically killing the steering wheel." I looked at her and then at my white knuckles and relaxed my hands. She began the take up her stuff from the back seat and open the door while keeping an eye on me awaiting my answer.
     "Yes I'm fine. Have a good day at work." She turned around a little confused.
     "Thank you?...You too." I myself was stunned at my statement but it was too late to take it back now so. Whatever. As she entered the building I drove off and headed for work. As I parked my car I received a call from my secretary.
     "Good morning sir. A cousin of yours just called asking for a meeting with you at eight along with your wife at the restaurant 'Hellshire'. Should accept?"
     "Which cousin is this?"I asked as I stepped into the elevator.
     "Jacob Hyworthy, I presume." Jacob? He's in town. I scowled at his name. What does the son of a dick want now? I would say son of a bitch but that's disrespectful. To all the bitches in the world. Less dicks to disrespect in the world so more appropriate don't you think?
     "Yes accept. Thank you Aaliyah."
     "No-no problem sir." I hung up and stepped out of the elevator and head for my office, passing Aaliyah on my way in. I sat down and called Teigan. She picked up on the third ring.
     "Yes Camden how can I help? Quickly please I have a meeting now." She said hurriedly. I heard her shoes in the background.
     "We have to meet with my cousin Jacob tonight at eight."
     "What? Why?... Sorry excuse me." She said to someone else.
     "I don't know but we have to."
     "Camden I have work to do that isn't possible."
     "He asked for both of us Teigan. Please." She sighed, the sound of her heels halting in the background.
     "I'll think about it. I have to go. Goodbye." And then the phone line went dead.
     "Teigan this wasn't a....question." I put down the phone and started to work. I dealt with every little thing that in would have normally dealt with when I went home. I don't know why Teigan thought I was necessarily asking her a question. She isn't Calpurnia or Portia and this isn't the Elizabethan era. There is no reason for her to prove her damn strength. I had several appointments and that same thought ran through my head as I spoke into several business partners.
     "So if we buy it out we split it?"
     "Definitely. It benefits your company and mine and takes down another competitor." Mr. Lauder nodded thinking about my proposal. He then stands and extends his hand. He doesn't even realize what I'm doing.
     "You're a genius just like your father said. Good idea and good deal." I stood and shook his and plastering on a fake smile. At least this deal sent through. Best choice for both of us and we wouldn't loose a thing. After a little light banter, he left and I resumed my work, glad that he was my last appointment. I started calling my lawyer to help me work out the terms of the contract with him and his lawyer and set a date for next week for us to meet. When that series of phone calls were over, it had just reached the four o'clock mark. I sighed and sunk back in my chair. My blue tie taking the shape of my torso's contours. I decided to call my wife once again. She picked up on the third ring.
      "Yes Camden how may I help you?"
     "Mrs. Teigan Hyworthy, please be home before seven o'clock. No ifs or buts just be at home. Thank you and see you later." I hung up before she could protest and rested it on the table, aiming to finish the work I had to do to get out of here by five.
I left as soon as I was finished and headed home to see Teigan's car already parked in the garage. I parked and headed inside after closing the noisy garage door.
     "Teigan?"
     "What?"she answered from upstairs. Clearly upset. Please be ready by seven-thirty."
     "Whatever. Anything specific?"
     "Wear red."
     "Okay." Why red? First it is my favorite colour that she just happened to look sexy in. I planned to wear a red tie and a red watch as well, just so we look uniformed and intimidate Jacob just a little. My reason? Well Jacob is also married. The lucky woman is Kylee Ede now Hyworthy that he just loved to show off. Well now I have a fire to show off and I can't wait to watch him burn. He has never seen or met Teigan so the burn might even blister and sting just a tad bit. I smiled at the thought.
       I myself started to get ready at quarter to seven and was ready by seven thirty. I opened my door the same time Teigan's opened from down the hall. I turned and my knees almost buckled. I scanned her from head to toe. Her hair was flat ironed and she had on no earnings, but a ruby necklace with a silver chain adorned her neck and graced the most stunning red dress ever.It was strapless or sleeveless , I don't really know the difference, stopping in the middle of her knees. It hugged her hips.Along the top of the dress was a silver line that traced the top and her wrist wore the same red bracelet from earlier. She wore a pair of nude pumps on her feet.

     "Wow." All I was seeing was red.  " Tres belle ma femme.Tres belle."

---------;-;---;-;-------------;----;------;------;-;-;-;-;-;;--;;------------;-;------;-;-;--;-------;----;-;----