Release; The Teigan Files

I ran my palm over my very small baby bump that I was smiling at as I spoke to Khari-Ann through the phone.
    "Thanks again for the advice Khari...Yeah...You too...okay...Bye,"I told her as I hung up the phone. I placed it on my desk and shifted in my chair. I looked at my phone and again saw a miss call from none other than Camden. I haven't seen him in a month. I haven't been terrified in a month. I haven't yelled in a month. I haven't thrown a hissifit in a month. I've been so cool, so mellow, so calm. The baby's fine and I'm healthy. But...
     "Mrs.Saunders - Hyworthy, your husband is here to see you again. Should I send him up?" He's here. Again. He comes everyday and I refuse him everyday but this time I don't necessarily have a choice to tell him yes or no. But the thing is, I didn't miss him. I didn't miss him at all. The one that screamed and yelled and fought with my day in day out. The only one that truly scared me  But I missed Camden. The one that cuddled me, took care of me, made sure that my health was in check.
      I missed that Camden. I want him back.
    "Mrs.Saunders - Hyworthy?"asked the Mary-Ann, the new girl at the front desk. I sighed heavily.
    "Send him up." The line went dead. I stood up straightening my grey pencil skirt and my turquoise comfortable blouse. I took off my turquoise sandals that were now squeezing my swollen feet. I was only two and a half months pregnant but I felt heavier than that. Everything felt uncomfortable and I always felt too hot.

Knock. Knock.

      I sat back down and rested my feet on a foot rest I brought from home that was under my desk.
      "Come in,"I said to Camden. As he opened the door I released my hair from its high pony tail, having it cascade down my shoulders and crush itself behind my back. He closed the door behind him and looked up at me. He actually looked really nervous. His eyes were swollen and sunken. He didn't look as put together as he normally did. He also seemed a little iffy if that's the word I should use. He didn't seem as confident either. And that kind of sunk my heart.
      "Hi, Teigan,"he said to me. I looked back up at him.
      "Hi, Camden,"I responded. He scratched the back of his head and I found myself laughing at him. He looked at me and nervously smiled at me.
      "What?"he asked.
      "Nothing,"I replied as I got up from my seat. His eyes traveled to my stomach and I smiled. "Want to touch it?"I asked him, trying to make him feel comfortable before we have to talk. He nodded.
      "Can I?"he asked.
      "Sure," I said. He relaxed bit and pulled up a chair. He stared at my stomach for a while before lifting my blouse just enough and touching my slightly swollen stomach.
      "Hi,"he said lightly,"I'm your Daddy. Your very stupid Daddy. I can't wait to see you little one. But I hope your Mommy forgives you before you get here. I came everyday for a whole month just to let her now that I'm sorry for hurting her. That I thought about her every day and night for a month, hoping that she was fine and that you were healthy,"he said bringing tears to my eyes,"I just wanted to see her but I knew she need her space. I want her to know that I know what it means to care now. I want her to know that I care very strongly about her and was being a completely imbecile when I slept with that woman. I also wanted her to know that that only happened once. Cross my heart,"he said as he rubbed my stomach and a single tear escaped my left eye,"and baby girl or baby boy, I also wanted to tell your mom that caring isn't acting. It isn't forced. It's a natural thing. It is putting people's needs before yours. Ensuring that they have on their seat belt or that they ate. Caring little one is watching over someone. Worrying about their well-being. Will do anything to make them feel comfortable,"he said praising God that he finally understood. This tough headed man finally understood."Little one I also want you to know that I love you," he said kissing my stomach. He stood up and looked me in the eye,keeping one hand on my stomach and the other on my chin,"and I love you Teigan. I love you. You don't have to say it back just yet, but I just wanted you to know." I sniffled.
       "Okay. I'm glad you understand now Camden. But please, don't hurt me again, I don't take it well at all. But I want us to work. We both know it is possible for us and possible for this baby. But both of us have to change. We can talk later in depth but right now I'm craving frozen yogurt." He smiled at me as I wiped his face. He rested his face I my palm and held my hand.
       "D'accord ma femme. On y va mi amour. " I smiled at him.
        "Okay Camden."

*********************

Ntn to say..
Dead tired....
Up inna this....
L

ateerrrr daaaaayyyyyzzzz bbz!

-Naomi ♡