Chapter 4: When You Dont Pay a Debt

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

When we were driving home, I couldn't stop thinking about the boy I met. He was strange and asked me weird questions. Strangely though, he was handsome.

Traffic wasn't too bad. It was like a ten-minute drive. It changed. I remember when it was like a twenty-minute ride when Freddy Fazbear's Pizza was famous or now that my city wasn't sinking in poverty. When we got out of the car, there was a letter on the front door. It read:

Dear Mrs.(L/N),
We are very sorry to say, but you didn't pay your debt in time. So in two months, you will be out on the streets with bags, or you could pay for it.
You only need 500 dollars in total. Not so bad, right? It may seem not good for you, though.
So if you think you are living a luxurious life, you might want to thank again.
From,
(Y/b) Your bank.

My mom began to kneel to the ground, and tears were streaming down her face. "Why do we have this? I thought you paid it already." I asked, unsure why we had this from our bank.
She stood silent. "I got fired." She whispers in a depressed tone.
"You what?"
"I GOT FIRED!" She yells, causing some neighbors to look at her. "Why? What did you do?"
"(Y/N), you won't understand." Mom complained.
"Yes, I will! I'm 18 years old! TELL ME!"
"I MADE A DEATH THREAT TO MY BOSS!" She screamed.
"Mom...how could you? Why did you do that?" I asked, fearful of my mother.
"There were these co-workers who were going to take my job; I couldn't let that happen. So I made a death threat to my boss and them. I never meant for them to get scared. It was my fault." She mumbled.

We stood in silence for a moment.
"(Y/N), you must find a job. Please. You're our last hope!"
I thought for a minute. There are millions of jobs! I'll be sure to find one that suits me. "Alright, I'll try," I said in defeat. I walked down our driveway to get the newspaper. It was wet, but a blue plastic wrap was covering it so the paper itself wouldn't get too wet.

I bought it inside. I then was looking for a red marker. A red one caught my eye, so I took it. Then I opened the newspaper.

Chimney cleaner...
No thanks.
One space left in the Hopscotch league...
Um?
Job application for leaf blowing...
Nah.
Septic tank cleaner. 5 dollars for a day...
Eww gross!!!

HELP WANTED
Freddy Fazbear's Pizza

Hmm...

Family pizzeria looking for a security guard to work the nightshift.
12 am to 6 am

Monitor cameras, ensure the safety of equipment and animatronic characters

Not responsible for injury/dismemberment.

$120 a week.
To apply, call:
1-888-FAZ-FAZBEAR

Sounds pretty reasonable. $120 a week isn't so bad. Just five weeks, and we'll have more than $500 to pay the debt. This is perfect! I then circled the ad with my red marker.

Now how will I break this to mom...

"ABSOLUTELY NO!"
"Why? This gives us money! I'll work there for five weeks and get the money so I can pay the debt-"
"I don't care! Look for something else." She sneers.
"Mom the incident was decades ago. I'm practically an adult. I can make my own decisions. " I said defending myself.
"Well you live under my roof and I say no."
"The roof that is about to be taken away with our house! I WANT TO MOVE OUT OF THIS HOUSE AND LIVE A LIFE!"
"Well your taking care of it. I'm done with these problems." She said carelessly causing me to get fired up. Then I said it."DO YOU NOT WANT ME TO GO TO COLLEGE?"
She then went into a frenzy. She really wants me to go to college. "You know what? FINE! When you die, I'm not coming to your funeral and everyday, I will come to your grave and lecture by saying "I WAS RIGHT AND YOU WERE WRONG!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA! I TOLD YOU SO!" So be safe cupcake!"
Then she stormed off but before flipping me off. I feel bad for arguing with my mom. She knew I was right, but this is our last choice.

Option one is:

Get the job an try not to get "killed" for five weeks and get the money and pay the debt even though mom will hate me.

Or option two is:

Sit here and rot until the bank takes your house and kicks you out on the streets of my city and mom will still love you.

Option 3 is:
Get anther job that will take longer than five weeks to get your pay. If it takes too long, the bank will come.

Option 1.

It's my only hope. I rather have my mom hate me then to get hurt or even killed. I then picked up the phone and called for the job application for Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.

"Hello?" I asked. "Hello! Are you calling for to reserve for a party or the job application?" Said a high pitched girl.
"Yes I'm calling for the night watch job..." I said trailing off.
'DONT STUMBLE ON WORDS (Y/N)!' I thought to myself. "For the security guard?" She asked.
"Yes...for that..."
"Alright, you start tonight!"
"Wait what? Don't I get an interview or something?"
"Do really need an interview for a job where you watch the building for six hours?!"
I stood in silent.
"I-I guess your right mam!"
"Haha great! If you want, you can come in an hour."
"Alright! I'll see you then! Thanks a lot!"
"Oh no, thank you!"

She then hung up the phone. That was weird.

Oh well. I now have a lot of responsibility. It's all on me to save the house and my mom.
______________________________
We'll crap...your mom didn't pay the debt.
But look at the bright side! You'll get a cool job and may be able to see- I'm saying too much!

What do you think your mom gonna do when she discovers you make the call? Be creative!

Chow!