𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

Start from the beginning

"Morning!" Benjamin and I greet Marsha nicely when they approach us. I tried so hard to hide my ring as my hand is on Benjamin's back. "Excuse the state of us."

"Just out for a run." Edward comments.

"Clearly." I give the smug look at Edward, turning my ring upside down invisible from Benjamin's back. I don't want to give the news to Edward for the first time, that's the last thing I want. To make a scene in this gossip town.

Edward's eyes on me give me a flashback of him pressuring me of a blow job in the kitchen. Just for a drink. I relapse by taking a sip of my drink to clear my mind.

Marsha aside from the silence, warming herself from her hands, "How are you both during this never-ending festive season?" Geez, Marsha. Thanks for that question, all I want is to leave and go home with Benjamin. Benjamin's eyes are on me, reading my thoughts and I give him a look saying please don't tell, we should go home.

His eyes answer my thoughts as he grabs my hand, knowingly I turn my ring for some reason and turns to Edward and Marsha. "Actually, Dahlia and I are in a rush. She has her own writing to get ahead." Benjamin and I guide together as we went along without the duo. Marsha gives me a sad smile while Edward gives me a smirk. Can he get any more possessive? I give a deep exhale of relief, Benjamin smiles with comfort. "Lia... He's gonna have to know eventually."

"I know, Benjamin. Most of all, I prefer this for both of us. I'm gonna have to figure out a way to share the news with my family also." Turning my ring in its position, I look at how beautiful my ring is and how well it suits me. Benjamin really knows me. "It's really beautiful. Thank you, not for the ring but for really reading me."

Benjamin smiles at me lovingly and lifts up his drink. "Thank you, Lia, for my beverage. Are you sure it has whipped in there?"

"Yes, I ordered mine the same as well."

"Really?" He's teasing me, I forgot how long we tease each other. Feels good to make me warm inside, not from the hot chocolate. Benjamin opens his container and sees that there is a dollop of whipped cream I give him. "Ah, you're right." I smile so hard it hurts my cheeks, Benjamin takes his sip while gazing me up.

The moment after, the whipped cream covered his upper lip giving him another mustache. I laugh so hard at his appearance, covering myself to restrain myself not to laugh loudly or worse my snorting. Benjamin teasingly questioning me, "What? Is there-?" He points at his new mustache and I nod while I'm smiling. I kiss him to thank him for making me laugh and for everything he is with me.

I feel his mustache is on me as I pull away. "Look at that. We're even." We begin our walk home, not caring about anyone in this town from our appearance and without looking back.

For a long while, Benjamin and I have been ready for the holiday by putting up the Christmas tree in our living room. It's a nice, simple tree for the two of us with an angel on top. While Benjamin is packing for a night at Mom's house for family visits for the holiday. I've been decorating the Christmas red velvet cake for the family's dinner. It's not my favorite but it's Patrick and Mom's favorites as well. The three layers of red velvet with ermine buttercream frosting with sugar hollies around the top of the cake are done.

Here I am in a white knitted sweater tucked in with black jeans while my hair is in a messy bun along with my mom's emerald necklace and yellow gold diamond earrings.

"All right, the suitcase is packed and ready to go!" Benjamin comes down in the kitchen while I'm cleaning the mess I made from a cake. I look at Benjmain excited and put the cake stand coverage on the cake to protect it.

Benjamin and I drive to Mom's house; it's been a long time I step foot in her house for a night ever since I walk away from my childhood to my own career. I give a huge sigh and in the corner of my eye, I see Benjamin looking at me while he's driving. He kisses my right hand for comfort. The outside scene shows the family greeting each other along with Eimear and my nieces.