Chapter 07.-Honeymoon

Start from the beginning

Really? A woman I just knew lectured me about life. Ever since I was a kid, I was all alone and unhappy. When I grew up, I indeed put my profession as my top priority and never felt happiness.

Her line stayed on my mind. 'Dahil minsan na akong napilitang isantabi ang kasiyahan ko, o mas mabuting sabihin kong, hindi ako nakaramdam ng totoong saya sa buhay ko.' While she was saying that, I saw a glimpse of sadness in her eyes. That eyes was so familiar to me. Did we met before?

I thought she's happy on her life, I thought she's only suffering now because of his sister but I felt her sadness. I saw myself on her when she said all of those. Who is this girl?

"May gagawin lang ako, Edrian. Mauna ka ng matulog, okay?" she tapped my son's head and smiled. The little man looked sleepy, he yawned and nodded before leaving. That asshole booked only one hotel room so we have no choice to stay together in one place but this unit has two bedrooms so it's fine.

I finished drinking my wine and continue reading the newspaper I was holding. I can see on my peripheral vision that Haylee walk towards the kitchen and opened the refrigerator to get some drinks there. She's holding her phone on the other hand. The kitchen and living room has inches away so I can hear her talking.

"Okay lang ako, Lily. Gising pa ba si Kate?" I didn't heard the response of the person on the other line. "Nasa trabaho pa ang ate, Kate. Alagaan mo sarili mo, okay? Wala kami ni ate Lily mo diyan sa lahat ng oras kaya pakabait ka sa nurse mo. Nasa malayo ako, e. Uuwi din ako. Miss ka na din ni ate." her voice was longing for someone.

"Magpahinga ka na. Ate loves you." she's looking on other direction so she can't see me looking at her. "Lily, ayos pa naman ako, ano ka ba? Wala namang problema, 'wag mong pababayaan pag aaral mo, huwag ka ng mag alala sa akin. Pangakong sasabihan kita kapag may problema." she faced my direction so I quickly averted my gaze. "Haha, loko ka talaga. Oh, siya, pagod ako Lily, e. Pahinga muna ako, tawagan na lang kita ulit. Bye." her smiled faded when she ended the call with her sister.

She's good at lying, even her expression can trick you but I like it when she pretends to be like that. I pulled myself back and just continue reading the newspaper.

Fifteen minutes and I decided to get more wine. I looked at my watch, it's a quarter after two pm already. I stood up and walked but I stopped when I saw Haylee, sleeping on the dining table and left her phone open in front of her face. She's tired yet she still scrolled on her social media account, crazy woman. I don't have a choice but carry her, I just can't leave her like that, I failed as a man if I did.

Damn, she's heavy. I laid her down beside my son, on her room. She's really an angel, whether she's awake or asleep. She's snoring a little, I don't know but I'm stocked staring at her. She have a nice face, I can admit that.

This woman have done so many things even we just met. She made my son be happy again, she made my son be more talkative and she changed one thing on me. It's interesting to know a person like this woman. I am looking forward to her on the future, I know that she can do more.

"Are you an angel?" I asked and I know it's stupid to ask a sleeping person. "How can you be unhappy with your life when I think you are perfect?" I know she can't hear me and I just want her to ask while she was still asleep, how would I ask this to her when she's awake?!

My phone rang.

"Hello, Angelo?" I answered with my bored tone.

[Hey, man! How's it going, is it good? Hahaha!] he's teasing me, I know.

"What do you mean by “is it good?” Angelo?"

[I mean, may nabuo ba? May nangyari ba? You know? Hahaha.] I swear, if ever he's beside me, I already punched him.