Chapter Twenty-Two: Adrien

Začít od začátku

"Ooh, you look so pretty!" Biana squished Marinette into a hug. "I swear, if I could just do your hair and makeup a little and get you into a sparkly dress, the guys at Foxfire would fall to your feet!"

"Uh..." Marinette nervously giggled. "I... don't really want... that."

"Oh, come on!" Biana pressed. "You're like my blank canvas, and I've already got the paints and the paintbrushes!"

"But I don't wanna be anyone's blank canvas," Marinette said, her eyes darting everywhere but Biana.

"Leave the poor thing alone," Dex said. "Seriously, Biana. When are you gonna stop trying to give everyone a makeover?"

"Please," Biana crossed her arms. "Everyone knows I made you look amazing and all I did was put product in your hair."

Dex smirked a little and rolled his eyes.

"So... what exactly did I miss?" Adrien asked, feeling left out.

"Just two years of battling the Neverseen, friendships, drama, love triangles..." Sophie shrugged.

"And an oblivious Foster who keeps going to see Elwin," Keefe added.

"Oh hush," Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Okay, looks like everyone's up," Alden said, walking into the room with Della. "And... everyone looks like they just woke up."

"You think?" Marella raised an eyebrow. Adrien had noticed that Marella was definitely... the sassy one in the group.

"Well, we've got a busy day today," Alden said. "We've got to go to Atlantis. And... I suggest you guys at least dress up a little."

"Yay!" Biana squealed. "I've got the perfect dress for you!"

"Actually, I–" Marinette began, but was cut off as Biana started dragging her upstairs.

"You're not backing away," Biana said. "Besides, wanna look nice for your boyfriend."

"Keefe is just a friend," Marinette groaned before they both disappeared out of sight.

The rest of the teens all stared at each other.

"Well, while Biana's..." Della said. "Uh... being Biana, I've got some things for you, Adrien."

"Oh no," Sophie said, peeking into the next room.

"What is it?" Adrien asked.

Sophie stared at him with her large brown eyes, and he could see flecks of gold in it.

And he could feel that strange glimmer.

That he and Sophie were... connected. Like, more than just the two of them being the moonlarks.

That's when Adrien looked past Sophie and saw the room.

Or... the clothes.

"Yeah, I wasn't sure, so I just grabbed a little of everything," Della said.

"This... this is all mine?" Adrien gasped, starting to dig through all the tunics and capes.

"Yeah," Della said. "Do you not like it?"

Adrien was speechless.

"Well, there's also these," Della said, gesturing to a small pile of silver packages.

"Oh, those," Sophie said, picking up one of the smaller ones. "Just basic elvin jewelry."

Adrien stopped short for a second, noticing the silver ring on his finger.