44: Escape

An Unhealthy Obsession by BRSO

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

⚠️ Violence

The buzzing sound of the customers voices rang on the inside of the café. People were lining up at the counter while others are already enjoying their food and drinks on their own tables. Your eyes narrowed watching people come in go while seating on the very corner of your café, an iced latte place in front of you along with a slice of crepe cake.

Your vision flicked back to Ichiro whose helping Hana at the counter. As you watch the two of them only one question rattle in your brain.

How am I going to tell them I'm moving the café?

That's right. Other than moving out of your apartment you're also thinking of moving your café. It's probably a good idea placing it near your new apartment as soon as you get one because there is no way in hell, you'll let it sit in a place where Mikey and his whole gang knows. It will probably take a month before you'll fully move this café to somewhere safer and away from their eyes.

So, for the time being until you get your own place this café will stay here for now.

Your heart ache just by thinking of moving away from here. This neighborhood is where you grew up as an adult, where you bloomed your new life, where you start your very own café and where you met people who cared for you... same with people who wanted to harm you. People like them.

And as much as you want to keep this place to yourself and stay here, you know you can't. Sometimes sacrificing valuable things are meant for greater ones, meaning that greater one is your life. Sure, you can still live here and live like you used to thinking this place as your own La La Land but what if one day instead of happiness and freedom you get nightmare of danger? Like getting killed as an example?

You sip on your drink as you scroll on your phone. Turns out, finding a new place in such a rush is not as easy as you thought, it will be a hassle, alright. While scrolling through your phone a message pinged and pop out of the upper corner of the screen. The bold letter spelling the name 'Sei' along with a message notification made you stop scrolling and click on it to read instead.

From: Sei

Are you still up for tonight?

You sigh and place back your drink on the table to type your response.

To: Sei

Absolutely, I'll be there around three this afternoon.

After hitting the send button, you waited for a few seconds before receiving Sei's reply.

From: Sei

Okay then, but if you change your mind and want me to come pick you up, I'll be up for it.

You shook your head before smiling.