32: Stalker

Class Fight by Melanie Martinez

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

After eating the last piece of your cake, you placed the fork down and grabbed one of the macaroons. You opened one of them before giving it to Sei who also just finished his scone.

"Here, try this it's one of our new flavors" you said.

"Thanks" he smiled before taking it, he looked at it for a seconds before taking a bite.

"How is it?" you asked while you placed your elbows on the table and lean your chin on your palms.

Sei chew on the food as he nodded his head. "It's good, I like the tanginess of the cream cheese" he said before he finished the remaining macaroon.

"Hmm... thanks. It was actually suggested by one of my workers. These past few days I've been feeling kind of drain and my brain is having a hard time functioning so it's great that I have someone who have my back and help me with ideas"

Sei's brows knit as he leans on his chair and stared at you. "Why? Is there something bothering you or causing you a problem?" he asked curiously.

Your eyes flickered with both worry and doubt, you don't know if you could tell him what's been happening to you these past few days. But as you gave it a thought, that he'll for sure help you, you decided to just tell him everything that's been in your mind lately.

"Actually..." you started as you place your hands down on the table and fidgeted. "...these past few days there's someone who's been harassing me" you admitted in a low voice. You didn't dare to look up at him and just kept your eyes on your fingers.

"What?" you heard him asked like a growl. "What the fuck do you mean someone's harassing you?" he questioned with anger in his voice.

Your lips shakes as you don't know how to continue. "I-It's just.... these past few days I kept receiving text messages and phone calls from this unknown number. He kept sending me texts like he knows where I am or what I'm doing..." you stopped for a moment to calm yourself when you felt your heart beats so fast that you have a trouble breathing. "And... uhm... last night... there was a man who followed me in my apartment, I don't know if it's him but I have this gut feeling inside me that they are the same person" you continued.

After telling him everything that happened to you there were silence between the two of you. You could only hear the murmurs of people inside the café and his heavy breathing.

"Why didn't you told me anything?" you heard him asked in a whisper.

"I'm sorry... I just don't want to cause you any problem and besides we didn't see each other for years. I can't just tell you my problems when I know you have your own, Sei" you explained before looking at him. You let out a gasp when you saw how angry he looks, he has his hands on a fist and his jaw clenched while staring at you.