Losing the best thing-43

Zacznij od początku

She was frozen in place. Her eyes were locked on mine as I struggled to find the words to speak. I felt guilty, embarrassed and tired.

I didn’t sleep one bit. With Sky not in the hotel, I couldn’t help but force myself to find her, even if that meant I lost a full night of sleep. I was determined to find her and make sure she was safe.

“What are you doing here?” Her voice spoke softly as she faced the ground, shifting her body more behind the door.

“I came to take you back to the hotel.”

“No.” She spoke immediately.

“Sky, you can’t stay here.” I said, inching my hand towards hers, but once he noticed she took a step back and shook her head.

“I’m fine, really. I’ll come by the hotel later to pick up my stuff.”

I knew she was only refusing to go back because of me. I’m an idiot. I lost the best thing that has ever happened to me because I couldn’t control myself.

Now she doesn’t want to be near me.

Now she wants to stay away from me. And it hurts.

“Simon wanted us to watch you while you were here, he isn’t happy that you’re at a different hotel.” So I guess I made that up, but I couldn’t have her staying here. I need her to be closer to me. I need to prove to her that what I did was a mistake.

“Oh, uhm alright, let me just get my phone.”

I hate that she’ so nervous around me. And not the cute, flirty nervous, she was nervous because she didn’t want to be near me.

I waited patiently outside the door as she gathered her few things. I could tell that she was stalling a bit so she could have a little more time for herself, but whether she like it or not, I’m going to talk to her about this.

I can’t lose her.

“You set?” I asked once she stepped out of the room.

She simply nodded and followed me down the hall. We stopped at the front desk. She pulled out her wallet from her purse ready to pay, but I owed her big time, there was no way I was letting her pay.

“I got it,” I spoke as I placed my card on the table. I placed her wallet back into her hands.  She simply pursed her lips and looked off to the side.

After paying, we managed to get to the car. Sadly, most of the car ride was silent. The silent was so strong that every second of it hurt. But surprisingly Sky spoke.

“How did you find me?”

“You weren’t at the hotel so I stayed out all night looking for you. I needed to make sure you were safe.”

“Oh.”

Then that painful silence was back. But I couldn’t keep it that way. I needed her to talk to me. I need her to do something. Avoiding conversation with me is worse than her yelling at me. If she were yelling at me, at least she would be talking to me; at least we would be going somewhere. Not talking is going to keep us at this state, and I don’t like it. I want her back.

“Sky, we need to talk about this.”

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

“Please, baby let me at least explain. It was a mistake, an accident... just please. Let me talk.”

“I don’t want to hear it, Harry. You cheated on me! That’s all I need to know!”

She turned her head so it was facing the window. She let out an angry sigh as her arms crossed around her chest.