Chapter 1

Every person had their own destiny paved for them. It's our choice to walk the path or avoid it. Many have failed to change their fate to their liking. Sometimes, we can't control them, and it makes us feel weak and hopeless. But once we accept our fate, we can truly understand and see the bigger picture. Then, we can finally feel fulfilled and appreciate the things we have in the present.

________________________________________________________________________________

It all started with a huge crash. His life was never the same ever again. The headlights of the truck headed towards him. While time seemed to slow down itself and the space around him started to warp and contort wildly, he was standing there like a paralyzed deer. His ears started to hear loud noises becoming muffled. There,he saw an angel dressed in red who was standing in front of him, smiling at him and whispering something

"I...Choose... You.....", the mysterious deep voice whispered as he felt the impact of the truck hitting him...

A young man jolted from his bed sweating. He then touched every part of his body.

"Sigh, it was just a nightmare...", he then looked around for something as he touched something cold and metallic.

He then grabbed his prosthetic leg and moved his blanket away revealing his missing left leg. He then put on the prosthetic leg and went into the bathroom. There, he looked at himself in the mirror.

Long messy black hair that reached up to his shoulders were on his head. His skin was slightly tanned. His eyes were as green as emerald as he had heavy eye bags under them. He wore a white tank top and black shorts that reached below his knees.

This young man was named Seven, a man in his early 20's, and worked as a waiter in a well-known local bar.

Seven then washed his face and grabbed his toothbrush. He then took a warm bath and threw his old clothes in a basket filled with other old clothes. He went back to his room and opened his drawer to get a black T-shirt, a blue hoodie, and another pair of black shorts. He went into the kitchen and fixed himself a bowl of cereal and went into the living room to watch TV.

"Okay, let's see what's new in the news." Seven grabbed the remote and pressed the on button. As the voices of the reporters were being broadcasted, a knock on the door was heard.

Who might that be? Is it the package that I ordered or am I finally getting evicted? He thought as he went into the door, hoping that it wasn't the landlord. He then opened the door and looked around.

"Huh... Weird", he then closed the door and opened it again for the second time. He then closed the door and went back to the living room. As he was sitting down and grabbing the remote, he heard a knock again.

"Mother- Inhales, It's fine... everything's fine"

It wasn't fine. He went into the door again expecting someone this time. He slowly opened the door, peeking his head out while opening the door fully. There, he saw a girl with white hair and red eyes. Her most interesting feature is her two horns.

"Yoday-" she got cut off as Seven immediately closed the door. He then sighed as he opened the door again. He saw the same oni girl pouting at him.

"Oi! Why did you close the door? Huh?!" She yelled as she grabbed and shook the collar of Seven's hoodie. He looked away to avoid the intense gaze of the Oni girl.

"Look, what do you want Ayame? I'm pretty busy.", He lied as the girl named Ayame let go of Seven. Ayame had a smug smile plastered on her face.

"Fufufu, did you forget what you said yesterday?" Seven tried to remember what he said. He remembered the fighting game that Ayame bought yesterday, resulting in them making a bet. If Seven loses he'll do whatever Ayame wanted, the same bet went for Ayame. Long story short he got his ass beat.

"Sigh, yeah... So what do you want me to do?"

"I just need you to help me carry heavy groceries. And also maybe you would go out more too", she said as Seven just sighed and rolled his eyes.

Though there is significant truth in what Ayame said, he hasn't left his house for a few weeks now since he'd moved here. He hasn't left his house unless it's for necessities. That's why Ayame wanted Seven to go out every once in a while.

"Fine, I'll help you", Seven then let Ayame inside his house as Ayame skipped into the living room.

He then gave Ayame the remote as he went into the kitchen to get the shopping list that he wrote yesterday. He turned off all the electric appliances and made sure that the stove was off.

"Okay, everything is turned off and I got the shopping list. Just need to find my keys", he then started to look around for the keys.

Searching above and below furniture, Seven thought. Where the fuck is my keys?

He then started to search in the living room.

"Seveeeeeen! What's taking you so long?" she asked while being upside down on the sofa.

"I can't find my keys."

"Oh! You mean this?" she jiggles the keys in her hand as Seven only glared at her.

He then snatched the keys from her hand and went outside Ayame following behind him. Seven locked the door from his apartment and pocketed his keys.

A bright light shone upon him and he looked up into the sky and saw the huge transparent dome. That dome protected him and others from the dangers of the outside world. The dome-like force field is called an Ark, a safe haven for mankind and protects them from the harsh conditions of the outside world.

Currently, Seven and Ayame live at the Kronos Ark of prosperity. It was known to be the oldest ark among the four major arks. Seven looked around and saw that the city of Kronos was still lively before isolating himself for about a few weeks. Ayame suddenly grabbed Seven's hand as he was dragged from the grocery store.

________________________________________________________________________________

Seven was seen carrying bags of heavy groceries while Ayame was only seen carrying a paper bag.

"Are you sure four cans of energy drinks and bags of chips is all you need?" she asked as Seven just shook his head.

"Yeah, and besides, I went grocery shopping three days ago. I'll probably go buy groceries next week." he said as they walked down the crosswalk.

Seven saw a red blur from the corner of his eye. He looked at the direction where the blur was and saw nothing was there.

Huh, must have been my imagination. He thought as he continued to walk down the crosswalk.

But somewhere in a dark alleyway, a man dressed in red was watching Seven from afar.He was smiling at himself as he grabbed something in his pockets and pulled out a locket.

The man opened the locket and a black stone with a glowing yellow rune engraved on the middle fell in his hand.

"Find him and bring him to me, Keris.", he said as the orb started to shake and glow as it disappeared from his hand.

He looked around the alleyway and disappeared into a big black smoke, as a white raven emerged from the smoke and flew from the direction where Seven and Ayame went.

________________________________________________________________________________