86. Volcanic Island

The Clowns are looking at the active volcano and sigh. They don't have any choice but to go there because their Log Pose won't get charged if they don't get on the island.

"Let's sail around the island first. Maybe we'll find something on the other side," says Buggy to his crew.

The others nod and get close to the island. They sail around the island rather closely and already feel the intense heat from the volcano. There's no cloud too in the sky and there's only smoke.

The volcano is quite big because it takes them 15 minutes just to get on the other side. Surprisingly, the other side of this volcano has a wide range of forests, filled with green trees.

It also has a wide beach with the shape of a crescent moon, similar to Marineford. Then, along the beach line are buildings and people. There is a rather big town on this volcanic island.

"Phew, I thought we won't find anyone here. They're actually living on the other side of this island," says Jude in relief.

"But how could such thick forest grow in this place? And people even willing to live here," says Mantis curiously.

"Volcanic materials are rich in minerals that are needed by living beings. This forest is also quite far from the volcano's crater and the lava that erupts doesn't go here. So the plants can grow quite well," explains Manba.

"But the volcanic eruption should cause earthquakes & some other damages. How could they keep staying here?" asks Mantis.

"If you want to know, then ask them. We won't find out anything just by guessing," says Buggy.

"That's right, I want to know how they made their buildings. Those buildings should have an earthquake resistance system. It makes me curious," says Palu excitedly.

The Clowns then land ashore to visit the town. There are some other pirate crews too in here. But the town's people aren't wary of them at all.

It makes Buggy's crewmates confused because usually, civilians will be wary of pirates even if it's just for a little. But Buggy knows that the reason is that this is still the first island.

Most pirate crews here are rookies and have just entered Grandline. Most of them don't want to create trouble because they don't want to receive Marine's attention yet.

Even if there are some stupid crews, the others will beat them up first before the Marine does. No one wants to get captured as soon as they enter Grandline, after all.

Besides, the rookie crews who have just entered Grandline need information about this sea. Where's the best place to know it if not the first island.

The first islands also have underground forces protecting them. They've built their business here because there are many pirate crews. Also, the most important thing is that the first islands usually have many bounty hunters.

"Bounty hunters? Do they want to catch the rookie pirates who already have bounties?" asks Manba.

"Yeah, most rookies in the first islands have bounties after making names in their sea. But most of them are clueless about the strength in Grandline. This place isn't called Pirate's Graveyard for nothing," says Buggy.

"Hmm, so the first islands have their 'protectors', huh? Then we are the bounty hunters target too," says Cricket.

"Don't worry, they won't dare to target anyone with a crew with a total bounty above 50 million. All these bounty hunters are the weakest in Grandline. If they're strong enough, they will hunt for bigger bounties. But that also means their enemies are far stronger," says Buggy.