Chapter 13: Stressed

A sweet buttery smell permeates the air on division street, 'Sweet Dreams' a popular cafe and tea house beloved among the commoners and nobles a like.

Waiters carrying silver trays of fine desserts, prepared tea and freshly brewed coffee.

Entering into the finely decorated store, Celestine approached the front and leaned on the front desk. Watching her cautiously as she  plucked out the only strawberry flavoured hard candy and  muttered, "Have you seen the Candy man?"

Eyes trembling a little as the unfurled plastic wrapper, glowed faintly with the ancient magic embued in the inside.

"Please follow me."

The sounds of the spitting and the crackling of flame in the fireplace could be heard as a head of shoulder length pink hair hung down, focused on a series of documents and reports yet to be analysed for the previous month.

"Boss 'that person' is here." Handing over the wrapper as Victors lavender eyes flashed, raising his head violently.

Probing with a faint trace of mana, he saw a shadowy figure waiting patiently before the door with an attendant.

Raising her head to the feeling of being watched, Celestine raised her head as flashes of purple thunder appeared in the cold eyes.

Flinching, "Hurry up and open the door!"

Pouring Celestine a cup of black tea, with a selection of fine desserts she sat back on the lone leather chair a leg over the other.

"Go find something to do."

"Yes." The assistant bowed before carefully closing the door behind him.

As thin and taut as a red thread, the carefully controlled aura wrapped around the gold cuff of the mana blocking device, entering into the mechanism and breaking apart the lock.

Her body trembling as mana circulated around her body, feeling the familiar sense of nausea, her heart rate quickening trying to control her breathing.

Blue light dispersing around the room, like fireflies illuminating the dark forest. Isolating the sound for prying ears as she pressed the cup of tea towards her lips.

"Victor."

Seating himself on the cold ground, subserviently he kneeled on the cold rocky floor and looked up to her.

"Master." He whispered, like a coquettish pet pinching the fabric of her trousers.

Twitching her lip she put down her cup and massaged her aching temple.

"If you considered me your master, you would've done what I asked you to."

"I just use it a little bit." He blinked innocently.

Her gloved hand squelched pinching his chin, raised his face upwards as a chilly atmosphere wrapped around her.

"Victor I said to not let anyone know you're a magician."

"Nobody knows ..." Smirking into her relaxed hand rubbing affectionately against her palm.

"How long has it been, is it so fun selling cake and tea?" Her fork piercing into the chocolate tart:caramel,chocolate ganache, whipped cream and dusted with cocoa powder.

Looking at her trembling eyes and slightly reddish cheeks, he silently allowed her to indulge in it without saying anything.

Cautiously forking up each piece carefully, trying to not show any response, her enjoyment apparent but putting the fork down after two or three bites.