Chapter 11: Hungry

[A/N: I think you'll like this chapter! hehhehe]

Kneeling before the Empress, her cat like eyes peered down at Celestine with scrutiny.

Standing barely inches from her trying her best not to wring her neck, holding her breath but remembering that the magical artefact changing her features were in effect.

"Is there something you want as your reward?" The Empress asked softly, indifferently assessing her worth.

"Your majesty I would like the Kaza herb from the East."  Her masculine voice echoing in the vast space.

Gasps and aggravated sighs could be heard from all around wondering why she was wasting her chances.

"Is a family member of yours sick, should I send an Imperial doctor to help?" She curled her lips seductively, hiding her intentions.

"Your majesty, I just need the Kaza herb." Bowing her head humbly.

"Why not work for the Imperial Family?" Raising her head as if shocked, she bowed her head once again.

Fumbling with her pockets, she held out a small silver badge showing the crest of House Valorean and handed it to the approaching attendant.

"I am already under the jurisdiction of the Grand Duke your majesty."

"Oh... but isn't that wasted talent?" She flicked her hands in agreement, placing the small gold box of the herb and the coin sized badge on her lap.

'What is the likelihood of this man becoming a sword master?' She pondered at the scorched black, brittle leaves confused.

'Didn't they say he's a mercenary?, then he won't be easy to control.'

"What has the Grand Duke instructed of you so far?"

"In order to be the lady's personal knight, the Grand Duke asked me to win this competition." Hearing the words, her sharp nails pinched her sweaty palms anxiously.

"Lady?"

"Yes your majesty. The young lady of House Valorean saved me, so I vowed an oath to her."

Feeling the hatred and anxiety building up inside her, Celestine caught a glimpse of her distorted face.

Bowing as her 'prize' was handed over to her.

Leaving as her words caused shock amongst the nobles, thunder striking down the eyes a glow thinking how they could get acquainted to the Grand Duke.

Feeling Sir Irvin stare at her, she bowed and retrieved her sword, his face pale as if he had seen a ghost.

'Was I mistaken?' He thought, Sir Dusks eyelashes and irises shining like black pearls.

'The Grand Dukes... daughter?' Crown Prince Hugo gasped at the possibility...,

"The Duke also has purple eyes..., what are the odds?"

"His highness?" Count Darius called out hesitantly.

"The odds of what sir Hugo?"

"Nothing, lets us return to the Grand Dukes estate." Gathering his cloak, dressed as a wealthy mercenary he slipped away.

"Send a messenger bird, I must speak with the Grand Duke."

"Yes sir."

***

Laying tiredly in her boudoir, the empress in a transparent silk nightgown looked lazily at the darkening sky.

Documents and scrolls piled around her, her golden locks caressing the curves of her erotic body.

A shivering maid approached with a single glass of red liquid and a single plate covered with a heat preserver. Pushing the cart by the table she bowed and presented it to her.

Not daring to take a look at her face as, her golden orbs froze on the half covered marking on her neck like a scar.

A snake intertwined around the small white flowers branching off in different directions.

The brand differentiating a woman as a believer of *Ludisia.

The nails on her palms growing pointedly as she strolled towards her, like a sharp blade the edge of her nails scraped from her neck to her chin.

"You better cover this up well, unless you want to die my sweet Polly." Pulling up the collar of her maid outfit.

"Your cheeks are all sunken, do you need me to make sure your eating well?" She blinked her eyes gleaming a bright pink colour.

"N-no your majesty, I've just been b-busy that's all!" Her face pale.

Taking her seat at the dining table sharp nails held the goblet to her lips, her elastic tongue lapping up the red viscous liquid deliciously.

"I'm a little more hungry than usual today..." Lifting Her knife and fork as Polly grinding her teeth lifted the cover.

"Oh is it from the stomach?... The flesh of the stomach is always so tender!"

"What did they say his name was... 'little Timmy'?"
She chuckled innocently, making Polly want to vomit.

Cutting through the raw piece of flesh, the serrated knife easily sliced through the 'meat' and easily placed it on her fork.

Bringing it towards her face, "Your not going to keep rejecting me are you?, I am the Em"

"Your not the Empress, your a monster!" She denied when her chin was grasped and the human flesh of 10 year old Tommy was shoved into her mouth.

Arousing hidden away a forbidden desire, cannibalistic urges: feeding on the blood and flesh of young boys and men.

[A/N: Sing it together: "She's a Man-eater ,make ya work hard🎶]

"Good. You swallowed without leaving a trace, you don't want to drink anymore of my blood now do you?"

Seeing her shake her head in fear she was satisfied.

"That boy, have they found him yet? I can't believe there were some rats still left." Sighing as she licked the blood dripping on the fork.

"Who...Your majesty?" Polly asked.

Rolling her eyes in annoyance she clicked her tongue, licking the left over blood on her fingers and plate.

The smell of iron covered up with strong perfume and flowers.

"Don't you know? The royal family of the Holy Kingdom, I don't know how those bastards have stayed alive till now." She pouted, tapping Polly on the nose mischievously.

"It's seriously so annoying."  Admiring her pretty emerald green eyes with pressed lips.

.
.
.
.
.
Author's Corner:

Ludisia- In real life it's a type of Orchid and apparently some Orchids can look like male genitalia. So I played a long with how in poetry women are referred to as flowers.

So by calling it Ludisia, I'm trying to say that their man eaters, without using those exact words...

Essentially the 'religion of  Ludisia' is basically a cult, comprised of only women that grow powerful (inspired by vampires and succubi) through eating the flesh of human men.