"You ready for your new school?" She questioned, wandering into my room while still in her bathrobe.

I snickered. "Can't be worse than my other one."

She nodded, looking up at the ceiling in contemplation. "Right, didn't your parents make you go to some Catholic school or shit."

"Yeah, until high school."

Mother and Father both wanted to keep me under the wrath of hail Mary full of grace until graduation, but all plans changed that one spring morning.

I won't go into full detail, but let's just say the priest was caught not setting a very pristine example.

There was something else on her mind, I could tell. She then set my thoughts in stone when she sat on my bed, her lips pressed into a line, her eyes gleaming with worry. "There's something you should know, it's about Will."

Immediately, my face hardened. I knew there was something up, only I had kept denying it over and over again.

"I didn't want to worry you since you've seemed all happy lately, honestly you look like your heads more in the clouds than ever." She rambled on, but once she noticed the serious look on my face, she sighed, flicking one of her blonde curls to the side to avoid it dipping in her black coffee.

"He's got more bruises on his arms, like someone's been pushing him around. Usually the kid can't stop talking, and don't get me wrong I love it. I mean, I am a Gemini Becca you can't blame me— But anywho, I'm worried about him and I don't want you to feel burdened by this at all. But I don't know what to do, I can't keep threatening the moms at daycare until one of them fesses up." She ranted. It made sense that she would feel the need to spill everything to me. I knew what Will was like, and Kristy honestly doesn't at the moment. She's only been his guardian for a few months now after all.

I took this all in. I knew this was bound to happen. Young children taking advantage of Will, it was inevitable. However that didn't mean I would simply stand by as he got shoved around like a rag doll.

"Do you have any idea who might have done it?"

Kristy shook her head, the coffee cup still gripped firmly in her hand. "I don't have a clue, and a part of me doesn't want to know." She shuddered.

"Are you sure it's not one of the kids from his daycare?" I asked her, hoping my rising suspicions that someone with cruel intentions picked on my brother.

"Positive," She responded. "I even got one of them counselor girls to keep a close eye on him. She saw kids teasing him every so often, but it was never enough for him to get bruises."

This sort of trouble seemed to follow Rebecca wherever she went. It was unavoidable, living a life with a deadly trap every time she took a step. She was disgusted, first of all. For even fathoming why someone would commit that cruel of an act made her stomach curl. But it also made her— well, sad, to put it simply.

Maybe there is still a part of her that wishes the world could live in harmony.

"I'm going to find who did it you know."

"Don't think I'm letting you do it alone."

This moment of noticing that Will would never be safe was difficult to fathom. But if Rebecca were to be completely honest, it was bound to happen. Regardless of where they are. Kids don't like kids like Will, it's as simple as that. And most likely, kids won't ever really like him. Nobody wants to be friends with the boy who talks too much, and yet, doesn't say enough for the worlds liking.

All she can truly do is discover the key to protecting him.

Evie has been pestering me for months now to step outside the box of skirts and blouses. I've told her multiple times that the style she's been pushing is cool and all, but it's not my thing. I don't care for leather skirts, bandanas, the occasional jeans. I hate jeans, they're uncomfortable and look terrible on me.