7

🎶Heal what has been hurtChange the Fates' designSave what has been lostBring back what once was mine🎶

Change the Fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine🎶

Winry and Fullmetal were sat on two different logs. Winry was holding Fullmetal's injured hand with hers as she wrapped her hair around it.
"So you're being strangely cryptic as you wrap your magic hair around my injured hand." He grunted in pain.
"Sorry. Just don't...don't freak out." She asked. He looked at Al worriedly but the chameleon just looked up at him with a smug grin. That scared him more.
She began to sing. The glow that came to her golden hair came back, and travelled up to the hair that was wrapped around his hand. The glow made her hair appear a yellow colour and it reminded him a lot of the sun.
After she had finished singing she pulled her hair off of his hand and he brought it up to his face to see. His eyes widened to the point where you could probably cook a full English breakfast on them. The injury had disappeared. His jaw dropped and he was going to scream.
"Please don't freak out!" She panicked. His scream got caught in his throat.
"Ahhh. I'm not freaking out, are you freaking out? No, I'm just very interested in your hair and the magical qualities that it possesses..how long has it been doing that, exactly?" He rubbed his neck nervously, ranting. Winry laughed nervously.
"Uh. Forever, I guess. Mother said when I was a baby people tried to cut it. They wanted to take it for themselves. But, once it's cut." She pulled her hair behind her ear, and a stray piece popped out. It was a light brown. "It turns brown, and looses it's power. A gift like that, it has to be protected. That's why Mother never let me...That's why I...I never left the..."
"You never left that tower. And you're still gonna go back?" He asked, finishing her sentence for her.
"No...yes. Ugh. It's complicated.
So, Edward Elric, huh." She teased him, quickly changing the subject. Fullmetal caught on to what she was doing and played along.
"Ah yeah, well. I'll spare you the sob story of poor orphan Eugene Fitzherbert, it's a little bit ah... It's a little bit of a downer." He looked to her to see if she wanted to hear his 'sob story'. She shuffled closer to him in order to hear better. Fullmetal smiled slightly.
"There was this book." He began. "A book I used to read every night to all the younger kids. The tales of The Fullmetal Alchemist. Swashbuckling rogue, richest man alive. Not bad with the ladies, either. Not that he'd ever brag about it, of course."
"Was he a thief too?" She was curious.
"Ahh, well no. Actually, he had enough money to do whatever he wanted to do. He could go wherever he wanted to go. And...and, for a kid, with nothing. I don't know, I... It just seemed like a better option. You can't tell anyone, about this, okay? It could ruin my whole reputation." He requested.
"Ahh, you wouldn't want that." She teased.
"Oh, a fake reputation is all that a man has. Um, well I should uh... I, I should get some more firewood." He got up quickly, embarrassed. Just before he could leave she grabbed his wrist.
"Hey. For the record, I like Edward Elric much better than, the Fullmetal Alchemist." She grinned at him. He gave her a small smile back.
"Well, then you'd be the first. But, thank you." He walked off. She sighed happily to herself, glad to be on this adventure, and to be what seems to be bonding, with Edward.

"Well, I thought he'd never leave." A voice from behind her said. Winry's eyes widened and she turned around so quickly it's a surprise she didn't have whiplash.
"Mother?" She asked, eyebrows furrowed, trying to see the figure that stood before her. Lust stepped out from behind the trees.
"Hello, dear." She smiled slyly at her.
"...How did you find me?" Winry stammered.
"Oh, it was easy really. I just listened to the sound of complete and utter betrayal, and followed that."
"Mother..." Winry looked down ashamed.
"We're going home. Now." The older woman demanded.
"You...You don't understand. I've been on the most incredible journey. I've seen and learned so much. I even met someone." She smiled to herself, remembering her and Edward's earlier conversation.
"Yes, the wanted thief. I'm so proud. Come on." She continued to shop Winry.
"Mother, wait. I think... I think he likes me." She beamed.
Her mother than began a lecture on how she knows best, and threw the crown at Winry, saying that he's only there because of that before leaving.
"So, hey uh, can I ask you something? Is there any chance that I'm going to get super strength in my hand? Because I'm not going to lie - that would be stupendous. Hey, you all right?" He noticed how upset she looked.
"Oh, sorry, yes. Just um, lost in thought, I guess." She reassured him to no avail. He didn't buy it. The smile she gave him didn't reach her eyes and was one of the most male ones he'd seen. Usually her smiles were beautiful. They could light up a whole room. When she smiled her eyes smiled and the rest of the world smiled along too. But he pretended to buy it. If she didn't want to tell him he wouldn't pry. As he usually would.
"I mean because here's the thing. Superhuman good looks, I've always had 'em. Born with it, but superhuman strength? Imagine the possibilities, I'm just..."
Up in the shadows, Kimblee, Lust and Tucker were all crouched behind a bush. Kimblee went to get up to attack them but Lust put her hand up as a signal to stop him.
"Patience boys. All good things to those who wait." She said. They bothe rolled their eyes. How long was this going to take? When could they finally get their revenge and rid the world of the Fullmetal Alchemist?