20 - warning message

I met Seokkyung for the first time when the two of us got into some kind of music project in middle school.

"So, you're that famous Bae Rona from class 2-1? I'm Joo Seokkyung. Let's do well for the performance."

Both of us were selected as the representative from Music Department alongside Doha. We were chosen to perform with delegations from other art schools at the Music Hall of Seoul Arts Center. The performance was made for a commemoration to celebrate International Music Day and was attended by a whole lot of Korean musicians.

That time, we prepared the performance two months before the day. Two weeks with ourselves, and the rest of it spent with other representatives. From what I recall, we were practically living in the practice room together. We'd eat and take a nap there, then went back to rehearse from the beginning. I learnt a lot about her and Doha.

Seokkyung loved to share about what's been going on lately in her life, whereas Doha only appeared to talk about Seola a few times. She was definitely the one who talked the most when we were together, and she had a ton of topics we could discuss about. Made me kind of amaze with the talkative she. How upfront she was in everything.

I learnt and noticed a lot about her in those moments. Including the fact she was different from how others labeled her.

The girl who cared for her twin and herself only. Rude, inconsiderate, and frustrating they said. A total opposite of how much almost gullible she actually was on the inside. How she really was a replica of her own grandmother, Jaein, in the way she acted in front of someone she has positive feelings for.

Indeed, she had a sharp tongue and rather spoke whatever sentiment she felt. But it was all for the truth. Because she was as passionate and honest towards others in the same way she is into the music. Despite how much talent she had, she was still hardworking and very goal-oriented.

She was undoubtedly a crybaby that could easily tear up over her stolen sweets. In addition to the mood swing habits which were mostly filled with one of her core emotions as in joy.

I didn't think the person across the table with her bloodshot eyes, untamed hair, chapped lips, and make-up free face was Seokkyung. Not to mention the forgotten trademark of her in the way she didn't wear her favorite customized necktie. An awful quietness within our table also couldn't go unnoticed with her vacant position as the one who always directs us to a certain discussion; though, surrounding us didn't share the same circumstances.

And I'd love to pinpoint the way Seokkyung decided to ignore my stares, but not Eunbyeol. They were too busy giving a hard look and checking each other. Flames of fury from them were blazing heat in matching the warmth of the room's heater. It was like whatever "good" conversation they had earlier in the toilet didn't end up great.

I supposed since Seola's accident, no one in the circle really had a day without a fight. Even if it came from a long-term friendship that held thousands of memories of childhood. And the bad blood between Seokkyung and Eunbyeol eventually would happen once in a month due to their competitive nature. They saw each other equally as both rival and friend according to the situation they faced.

Nonetheless, I hoped the weariness Seokkyung wore on her face came from their argument over next week's festival which I suddenly remembered. Not because of some sort of teenage problems rooted from their father's abuse and solved by happy pills. I didn't need another friend of mine who went through the same difficulties as Seola in terms of family.

"Uh, so... What happened to you?"

Scattered down my thoughts, I retracted my attention to Minhyuk. He probably noticed our unusual lunch's vibe by the way his eyes scanned us all. He tried to make us talk and interact like we always did, though he looked like he'd distance with half of us too. Specifically Jenny, wherein I didn't have an idea what has changed with their relationship ever since I caught Jenny's slip of tongue.