11 - we're brewing storm

"Rona, we're already arrived. What are you doing?"

Seokhoon pulled me outside in such a manner when we arrived at school. Holding me steady as my legs unknowingly became flatter, he draped his right hand to my shoulders from the back. Supporting me for a while before I lightly brushed him off. Distance myself from him.

I still wanted to avoid rumors about me.

Fortunately, he didn't look offended by the rejection which appeased me to not thinking for the worst. Heading inside with him following from behind, I took a leisurely walk to the class. I didn't notice how everyone's gaze fell upon me because I only focused on my constant steps. How they whispered to each other.

Halfway to the class, my phone that I put on the left side of the blazer's pocket vibrated with a ting sound. I halted, then swapped the screen to see an email popped up on the notifications. A spam email from anonymous.

user251220
to me

I heard you're looking for clues.

user251220
to me

Say, Rona. Do you like surprises?

I raised an eyebrow when I read both of the emails that came at the same time. Strangely enough, in that moment, rather than feeling curious, I simply passed it as pure joke. Like, maybe, it was a prank from An Eunwoo because he loved to play hide-and-seek. Hiding his true color and seeking people's weakness.

Definitely something like that. I told myself, over and over again. Holding onto my sole belief. 

Yet, the moment Seola's parents stood in front of the class.

"Ahjumma, what are you doing here? I thought you're still on a business trip," I asked her as I greeted the middle aged woman.

To my surprise, she strode towards me with force.

Say, Rona.

Slapping me hard on my left cheek.

Do you like surprises?

And all I could hear was gasps, yells, and cries.

"Ahjumma, what are you doing?!" Seokhoon shouted to Seola's mother.

"How dare you show up at school like this when my daughter is in coma because of you! I shouldn't have believed you,"Seola's mother, Sena, cried out in tears. "We shouldn't!!"

That no-meaning letter suddenly rang on my head in a distorted voice. It spread like an intoxicant with every shot jabbed inches of my body. And I was by far feeling disgusted, ashamed, and no better than standing naked. I was too exposed.

"Sena, you have to calm down. This is school."

"Why did my daughter have to be in the hospital? It's all because of you!!"

Very vulnerable.

"Stop the photos right now!"

"Mrs. Lee, please calm down. We are in front of other students right now. Let's talk about this in my room."

"How could you tell me to calm down! This is my daughter's life."

Why should I have to feel this way? Why should I have to be the bad one? I thought about it. On repeat.

But I didn't understand why her parents were suddenly crying. Why they could easily wet their eyes when they never appeared in Seola's life except for their money as a replacement existence. When I was and am always there with her almost all days, weeks, months, and years, to be the one whom she relied on, yet couldn't shed a single drop to cry for.