03 - break without brake

A week passed since the incredibly awkward lunch with the Elites; a name given upon them by our schoolmates. The "joy" of that time still repeated daily on the back of my mind. Furthermore, Seokhoon's strange behavior afterwards doubled the feels. Even though he seemed so-over-fine and composed in spite of his sudden remark, I couldn't possibly forget it all in all honesty.

But the week was long enough for me to package the memory to the furthest thoughts. The worry of not forgetting was replaced by another event awaited me. Seola's party.

After that lunch, Seola began to prepare all the things she needed to do for her one and only exclusive party at Jeju. She spammed our group with ideas to discuss. Yet, regardless of me and Jenny's efforts to be the best counselors, she eventually chose it herself. She just wanted the thrill of managing something, so I had no comment on that.

Two days before the party, we departed to Jeju. Seola couldn't wait any longer to glimmer her summer house with things for the party. She simply could search for party planner to run all of it for all I know. But she's stubbornly told me, where is the fun in that? when I offered the idea. In the end, I gave up on the possibility of stopping her wild plan.

Doha and the rest of his gang also followed us with his own private jet, in the name of her future success making the best party for our senior year. Seola rejected the idea of us to joining them as Doha suggesting. I fully knew it was due to my reluctance to be in the same closed space with his friends; though Seola would never agree to be with Eunbyeol as well. It was a moment of breather to know that I didn't have to be in one place with them in the next hour. The flight wasn't delayed and the weather was clear of blizzard. At least for a while, before the next schedule on the day right after we arrived, I could feel relaxed.

When we arrived at Jeju, I was welcomed by the cold breeze of winter. Last time I spent winter break there, the weather was warmer, and so I thought it would be the same feeling as ever which showed how unprepared I was to the worst. I unconsciously wrapped my blazer tighter to my body whilst listening to Seola's endless ramble about their schedule.

"So, we go to the hotel first before we eat. I think we can eat at hotel or maybe go to local famous restaurant. I got the whole recommendations anyway. And then, we go right away to my summer house to start moving things aside. Umm, I think we have to clean up, too... Oh, some of us also have to go shopping!" Seola explained with her eyes skimmed through the list on her note.

I looked around to the rest of us and found the weary faces staring back to Seola. We might not be close enough to each other, but I could tell what's on their mind at the moment. I tried my best to voice our thoughts by saying, "Why don't we go straight to rest at the hotel for today and prepare all of it tomorrow? We have lots of time to get ready."

Everyone turned their heads to me. Certainly, they looked relieved and grateful, yet Seola didn't look much impressed by my idea. She wanted to say a thing but I quickly signaled Doha to reason her with my eyes. He caught it fast fortunately. "She's right. By the time we reach your house, it will be evening. We can get up early tomorrow to prepare."

"And the road won't be too slippery if we're going there at day," I added.

Seola was contemplating what Doha and I said. She threw a glance to all of us in which we returned with legendary puppy eyes. It was a very pathetic pleading. I believed we just blemished the representation of innocence by our dreadful faces.

But somehow, the magic worked well on Seola and we scrambled to the car in flash.