11

Wei Wuxian walked out of the apartment with a lighter heart. He knew they were going to make a good business partner and it's the least he could do to help the old man. 

He then walked to the direction of the youth center to see the kids before he went back to the hotel he stayed at. Tomorrow he would move to the Lan's Apartment, but right now he had a plan.

Wei Wuxian was so deep in thought that he did not realize that he was followed by half a dozen people ever since he came out from his old apartment. He just realized it when he was stopped by one of them, rather harshly.

"Watch where you're going!" 

Wei Wuxian looked at the man–a typical thug with his shaved head, prison tattoos and looked high on drugs–and he moved away to continue to walk, but the man stopped him. That's when he noticed that there were around half dozen of other people surrounding him, and he knew immediately that he was fucked.

"What do you want? If you want money, I can give you money." Wei Wuxian tried to be calm as he called the police from his cell.

"Money? We got plenty of money from someone who told us to give you a lesson, then we got some more." The man with a neon green mohawk cackled as he and his friends came closer.

Wei Wuxian could see that they brought various kinds of makeshift weapons, lead pipe, hammer, baseball bat and they were ready to attack as they moved closer.

But before they got close enough to Wei Wuxian, there was a loud clang sound from above them, and then a flower pot went flying in the direction of one of the punks, knocking him down. When they were stunned for a minute, someone dropped from a height beside Wei Wuxian, took his hand and spoke to him, "Run."

Lan Wangji took Wei Wuxian's hand, kicked another one who swung his knife at them, and dragged him through the opening from where the punk fell and that made the rest of them realize that their target had escaped.

"After them!"

"Lan Zhan, what are you doing here?" He asked Lan Wangji who concentrated on their surroundings, looking for an escape.

"Later." Lan Wangji took him into the back of the alley, where he jumped effortlessly into the emergency stairs and he pulled Wei Wuxian with him. They went into one of the open windows whose occupants were in the middle of coitus, and Wei Wuxian apologized profusely. But Lan Wangji only pulled him out of the apartment and dragged him out of the building, where he hailed a cab and shoved Wei Wuxian inside. 

"What are you doing here?" Wei Wuxian faced Lan Wangji as he asked him, but he stopped when he saw that Lan Wangji's arm was bleeding. "You're bleeding. We need to go to the hospital." 

"No. Just… let's go back to my place. They won't find you there." Lan Wangji gave the driver his address.

"Did you know that I was going to be attacked? Who are they? How did you know that I was going to be there?" There were so many questions, but Lan Wangji only smiled and Wei Wuxian just noticed that his lips were pale. Then he noticed that the bleeding did not stop.

"I'm just glad you're okay." Lan Wangji said that before he lost consciousness.

Lan Wangji woke up in darkness. He tried to stand up but he groaned when he felt his ribs were on fire. He looked down and saw that his midsection was bandaged, and also his arm.

He then took a look around him and found out that this place was the loft that he and Wei Wuxian lived at when they were still together. 

He groaned. 

This brought back memories that he would rather not remember.  Not now.

But then he saw the vision of an angel. But that was probably because he was high on painkillers.

"Lan Zhan, how are you feeling?" Wei Wuxian sat beside him and checked his temperature. "I'm sorry, I don't know where else to go. I don't know where you live, so I went to the only place–safe place–that I know of." He smiled wistfully and it took every ounce of his self control not to pounce on this man.

"You still keep this loft." He looked at him. "Why didn't you stay here? It's way better than your… studio apartment. And I had changed the ownership of this loft to your name. You own this free and clear." He wanted so much to kiss him.

"I guess, because there were too many memories here that I'd rather not remember." Wei Wuxian touched Lan Wangji's bandaged arm. "You got hurt when you saved me. How did you know that I was there?"

"I know you." Lan Wangji's sight fell into Wei Wuxian's lips. "And I followed you."

"What?" Wei Wuxian was surprised, but then again this was Lan Wangji. "Why?" 

"Because…" Lan Wangji pulled Wei Wuxian close to him. "I'm worried about you. I know you always told me that I… suffocate you, but I just couldn't help it. I know how your family is, I know how they used you, manipulated you, and bled you dry. But most of all, it's because I love you. Too much, apparently." His eyes had a hint of sadness that finally tore the wall in Wei Wuxian's heart down.

"Even now? After I wrote Insane? After I left you without words? After everything?"

"Yes, I am. And I will always love you, no matter what you do."