Chapter 47

A/N: Guys I want to thank you all for reading my book till now. It's a pleasure for me. Only a few chapters have remained and I wish you love them as well. Don't forget to leave a comment or vote if you liked the story. Thank you soooo much. Now the rest of the story ....

---------------------------------------------------

Alison walked into the abandoned factory based somewhere near her previous neighborhood. Dust has covered everything and debris could be seen here and there. She jumped startled when suddenly a group of birds flew out of a broken window. She put a hand on her hammering chest and took a few deep breathes to calm herself down.

"Fred?" she called loudly. Her sound reverberated in the building. 

"Here." she heard Fred's voice from a little bit further. "Just come a little bit further."

Alison walked forward and soon saw him standing there beside a table with his hands in his pockets. His face looked calmer than yesterday. He smiled when he saw her. A soft smile that could remind her of the old days if his eyes were not that void of emotions. "Honestly, I didn't expect you to show up." he said.

"Honestly, I was thinking you will choose a better place for our meeting after a year." said Alison and looked around her with raised eyebrows. "A coffee shop would be lovely."

Fred laughed under his breath. "Sorry, love." he said. "But what I want to talk with you about needs a little bit of privacy. Have a seat please." he took out one of the chairs around the table and gestured for her to sit. 

Alison thanked him under her breath and put her bag on the table. "Okay, I don't have too much time. I should return before my family suspects anything. It was hard enough to ask for a time to walk alone." she said.

"Yeah, the Volkov situation." said Fred and sat on the other chair. "Every gang knows about it. Mason King and Gray Wolves are using their power to make sure everyone looks for him." he tried to keep his voice unbothered, but Alison could feel venom and anger laced with his words.

"How can I help you, Fred?" said Alison emotionlessly. "I wish it's nothing to do with my boyfriend."

"Oh, no." said Fred and waved his hand nonchalantly but then smirked and winked for her. "I will have you again, babe. That's for sure. That douchebag can't challenge my charms. We had chemistry. I still like you so much, Alie."

"Go to the subject." said Alison and rolled her eyes.

Fred leaned toward her a bit. "I found my father, Al." he said and Alison looked at him and frowned. "That time when I suddenly vanished, he had suddenly shown up at my house. My mother didn't look so thrilled but she had no right to keep me away from my father that long." he spat the last words angrily and Alison's frown deepened. 

Fred's mother was a great woman. Alison could easily understand why she wasn't thrilled to see the father of her son who was a gang leader with bad fame show up at her home suddenly. 

"He said that I'm his only son and he wants me to go and live with him and be his heir." said Fred and puffed his chest proudly. "So I went with him and let me say It was great. You don't know how much it's good to have power and money, Al. You must have understood this fact by now. Living with Kings must be satisfying. My father taught me how to be a good leader, how to be powerful and mighty." 

Alison was now looking at him with disbelief as he continued to spill his guts out in front of her. She felt disgusted inside. Now she could see how power could change someone in a matter of a few weeks. She could now understand how seducing power can be, how it could make people sacrifice their humanity and conscience to have more power. Fred was a living example of it sitting in front of her. She shivered a bit when she thought it could have happened for her as well. No one was immune to the seduction of power.