Chapter 22

A/N: Sorry guys, but I may not be able to update tomorrow. So here is another update today. Wish you enjoy it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xander walked into the dining room the next morning. His heart sank when he didn't see Eva there. Usually, she was sitting and helping the twins with their breakfast, but that day she was not there. Only the twins, Damien and Hunter were sitting at the table.

Hunter who always was hungry was only playing with his pancakes and Damien had sat there without touching his food. He looked up when he noticed Xander and met his eyes and immediately knew what was going on in his twin's head. "She left five minutes ago to talk to dad in his office." he said quickly.

Xander's eyes grew wide and he dropped his bag and ran out of the dining room. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" he cursed as he ran to the west wing at full speed. There was only one thought in his mind. He should have stopped Eva before she could talk with his dad.

He had slept only for a few hours last night thinking about Eva, her words, and the situation they were in. After an hour of debating, he had come to the conclusion that deep in his heart he trusted Eva. She and Alison had brought life and happiness to their strict house and that was something he was going to protect. He was going to protect his family's happiness. But it was not all. He had not felt being cared for since his mother had died. Last night when Eva had come to check up on him, although he had called her a gold digger, reminded him of his own mother when she would bring dinner for him although he had caused a problem and she was angry with him.

He reached Albert's office and barged in without knocking. Eva had sat in front of Albert's desk and Mason and Rich were there as well. Everyone looked at him shocked and alert. Mason stood up quickly and his hand went to his waistband where his gun was hidden. "Xander!" he called quickly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" said Xander while panting a bit. He glanced at Eva and saw her watching him with worry. "I just need to talk to Eva."

Albert frowned. "Knock next time, Xander." he said sternly. "And Eva was just going to tell me something. You can wait."

Xander walked up to a surprised Eva and grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet while guiding her to the door. "No, I can't." he said ignoring his father's word of protest. "Sorry, father, but it's so urgent."

Xander closed the door behind him and dragged Eva to a room next to the office and closed the door again. "Xander! What's wrong, dear?" she asked as her expert eyes examined his body for any injuries.

Xander walked to her and put his hands on her shoulders and peered into her eyes. "Eva, please don't leave." he said.

Eva was taken aback by his words and her eyes widened. "What?" she asked surprised.

"I'm so sorry for the words I said yesterday." said Xander sincerely. "I'm sorry for whatever I did. Please just don't divorce dad. Don't leave us. We all need you." he pleaded.

"But Xander...." began Eva but she was cut off by Xander.

"Please, Eva. I'm begging you." he literally begged her. "I promise to bring Alison back today and make sure that she is comfortable here. Just promise, promise that you won't leave us. The family needs you. I need you." 

Eva looked at him with watery eyes. There was no lie in Xander's eyes and he looked so desperate and sad. She couldn't take it anymore. "Come here, son." she whispered and hugged him which he returned without a second of hesitation and after so long years he felt as if he was back in his mother's safe and warm embrace.