CHAPTER 11: SIBLING PROMISE

Start from the beginning

"Now I understand what you feel about Dave." He blurted out, making me pause on my nail-cleaning. "It's not easy to let go of someone you've loved ever since your childhood. I think I understand now a little..."

I didn't notice a tear that run down from my cheeks until it falls on my feet. Am I crying? How could I open this conversation to my big brother? I mean, I never talked to my big brother like this.

I think he heard a little sob that escaped my mouth.

"I'm so sorry for misunderstanding you, Rhea. I always prioritize my bestfriend's happiness that I totally forgot about my little sister's feelings. I'm so sorry that I ignored all the pain you're going through." He whispered heartily and I can't help but to let another sob.

Why am I crying anyway? I never hated Vincent but why do I feel this way about his apology? Why does it feel like I have something that freed me because of his words?

"I'm so sorry Rhea. I don't want you to feel another pain like what I feel right now. I'm so sorry for letting you suffer this pain for long from Dave. I shouldn't have let you grow alone with such pain. I'm really sorry, I failed as your big brother." He stated before standing on the bed and gave me a bear hug.

I didn't realize that I'm extremely crying on his chest while hugging him back. I cried and sobbed loudly in his hug while pouring out all the pain I've been suffering: Bullying pain since childhood and he wasn't always there to protect me and Dave's insults and the way he treats me. I didn't know I'm bursting everything in my cries.

I love my big brother so much and this is the first time I feel so protected in someone's arm. I feel extreme safety in Kendra's presence but Vincent's hug is in another level of safety.

"I'll help you get over Dave, don't worry. Just help me talk to Kendra tomorrow in the campus and I'll give you everything you want, okay?" he started rubbing my back in a caring way as I drift off to sleep.

"Okay. Good night, big bro..." I whispered as he settle me on the bed. He gave me a kiss on the forehead before turning off the lights.

"Good night, Little sis." He replied before closing the door with a gentle thud.

***

Early in the morning, Vincent and I went to school together. As expected, Kendra already went to school according to her parents. I just hope Kendra finally wants to talk with us.

"I can't love any woman in the perfect way if I can't even love my own family. That was cheezy but right." Vincent blurted out of nowhere while driving.

"You told me, didn't you? Love yourself first before someone so you can love anyone you want." I replied with a smile but he just laughed.

"Fine." He playfully stated before turning the wheels towards the parking lot. "I'm coming, Kendra. Just wait for your Prince Charming." He muttered but I heard it.

"Good luck getting her back. I'll support you." I stated, ignoring his cheezy remarks.

He laughed before opening the door for me  after killing the car's engine. I quickly stood out of his car and prepared my way towards the campus gate until my eyes landed on Kendra who's about to enter the entrance.

"Vincent, it's Kendra!" I pulled Vincent while pointing at Kendra. Both of our legs immediately moved to run after her but she just disappeared from the crowd of students. We entered the gate but I see no signs of Kendra.

"We lose her. But atleast we know, she's here." Vincent stated in relief before turning to me. "Just tell me if someone's hitting on you, I'll kill them." I just punched him lightly on his shoulder while laughing gently.