Chapter 58

"How long has it been since that officer spoke to you?" Brooks asked, eyes tight and mouth in a sharp line. His muscles flexed as he leaned onto his knees and clenched his hands. Everyone in the room sat up, leaning in to hear my response like it was crucial.

"A couple of hours?" I asked tentatively, looking at Dominic for confirmation. He checked his phone to see when I had calledhim and then corroborated my statement with a nod. 

"Do you think he's still in touch with her uncle?" Damon interrupted, also asking Dominic.

He shrugged dejectedly and his dark eyebrows pressed together with worry.

"For the time being, we have to assume he is," Dominic mused, shooting a small glance at me to gauge my reaction.

Step one?" Caleb asked Dominic and Charlotte, standing up from the floor and revolving his head to see both of their answers.

"Get his number," they replied simultaneously. Dominic stood and ran up to my bedroom while we waited unaware. We grew impatient quickly as we heard footsteps wandering around upstairs slowly. Brooks stood and began pacing in front of the TV while Damon shook his leg, bouncing his foot on the floor repetitively.

"Go change," Damon said with a nod in my direction, making me look down. I remembered that I was wearing a purple dress and that wouldn't help with whatever was coming next. I nodded and took off up the stairs, finding Dominic in my bedroom. 

He had my laptop tucked under his arm and I explained what I was doing there.

"Good call. What's your password?" he asked, as he began to leave my room.

"Can I just type it?" I asked quickly, fidgeting.

"No time. Just tell me My," he scolded hastily, as he stood in the hallway, poking his head into my room.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. I wish I had time to get it in writing. He slammed his hand impatiently on the door and nodded.

"Promise. Now tell me!" he insisted to my dismay.

 "Capital letters DA and then the word awesome," I said quietly, dropping my gaze to the floor and blushing a dark red.

"D and A?" he asked, perplexed. I nodded, confirming the letters hurriedly before he could identify what it stood for. He contemplated that for a moment before a lightbulb went on in his head and he barked out an enormous laugh, shutting his eyes and leaning his head back. He gave me a wink and walked expeditiously down the hall already typing on my laptop. I could hear his laughter trailing all the way down the stairs.

"It's not your initials, it's for something else!" I shouted, throwing my hand over my eyes, and cringing openly. Even I could tell that my lie sounded fake. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: THIS REALLY HAPPENED TO ME WITH THE PASSWORD THING ISN'T THAT THE MOST EMBARRASSING THING YOU CAN IMAGINE. (I was younger when I made the password!!)