{4}

„What's the capital of Switzerland?", asked the Captain, Lucy Hudson.

Now there was only me and this debate that mattered. There was nothing that could stop me from winning this thing.

I rang the bell as fast as I could.
"That's a trick question. Switzerland technically doesn't have a capital. What they do have, is Bern as the administrative capital and Lausanne as the judicial capital. But strictly speaking, they don't possess a capital as we know it.", I said as fast as I could.

"Very good Miss Young!"

********************************************************
And so I answered the next 8 questions faster than anyone else. I felt so fricking proud of myself.

"Let's move on with the last question, shall we? What's the square root of 361?", said Lucy.

Darn. Math was anything but my strength. I needed to concentrate. Poppy was looking at me with the happiest face because I was doing so good and I knew I couldn't screw this one up. Debate was the one thing I always knew I could do so getting in wasn't a question.

I rang the bell.
"The answer is 19.", I said confidentially.

"That's correct! And that was the last question which means the debate is now officially over.
We have a clear winner! Ada Young welcome to the debate team.", shouted the debate team captain happily.

The whole room started clapping and I could have sworn I saw Enzo leaning against the wall in the very back observing everything.

What the hell was he doing here? But before I could process anything my best friend pulled me away. She hugged me tightly and I was feeling so overwhelmed with happiness that I completely forgot about seeing Enzo.

Poppy screamed at me about how proud she was and the debate club congratulated me on making it and guessing every question right.

We drove to Poppy's house in her Lamborghini while listening to Girls just wanna have fun and the world didn't seem all that serious anymore. It was time to get ready for the party tonight.