Chapter Nineteen

Start bij het begin

You said and left the room.

───"that's totally uncool Marinette" Alya said to her best friend once your figure disappeared.
Marinette just bit her lips and walk away, Alya followed her wanting to squeeze some explanation as to why her friend is acting like a total bitch.

"i told you not to try and steal someone elses boyfriend, Marinette"

Marinette seated down on the bench and look down on her hand.

"and it's wrong to pursue someone?" Marinette finally spoke that cause Alya to be speechless

"it's not wrong to pursue someone. But what's wrong is the fact that you know he's taken but you still did it. That's just too mess up, Marinette, totally unlike you"

Marinette glared at her hand.

"but Adrien did it" she mumbled

"he did! But Y/n never agreed and he didn't assume and hope too much! While you..you assume that Luka might like you. You destroyed a relationship that Luka and Y/n protected!"

It's so unfair. She liked Adrien but the guy only see one person, in fact she and him are the same. Adrien still pursued Y/n when she's already taken, and the only difference is that, Y/n didn't give Adrien a single chance, a hope, while Luka still acted friendly to her.

It's not her fault anyway.

She just like, she felt emotion too.

She like Adrien, her efforts became fruitless
She like Luka, and everyone judge her.

What's next? She like someone else and everyone hates her?

"What's wrong with that Alya? If they really love each other then no one should be able to affect their relationship—"

"What's wrong is YOU! you're rushing too much! You look for love everywhere! You're so.. so desperate"

Marinette gasp, looking at her bestfriend with her mouth agape. She didn't just...

"there i said it." Alya sighed and run her finger to her hair, looking hopeless and frustrated.

"Sometimes it's not wrong to like someone. But please don't be an idiot, don't focus too much on guys." And right then and there, Alya left her friend with a tear on her face and words ringing on her ears

——you sighed and seated on the concrete stair wall while waiting for Luka. Dread on the pit of you stomach wondering what will  Luka say to you

Will this be the end?

You thought and anxiously hug your stomach.

All the fierceness and anger disappearing and there, the fear came and you felt as if the world came crashing down on you.

"Hey" you look at Adrien and you gave nod

"Hey" you responded and watch as the boy seat beside you.

You couldn't believe you forgot all your negative feelings for Adrien just because of your heartache.
You let him tell you how to act for today, you let him see your vulnerability so easily.

"You're going to be ok, right?" You hummed. Questioning why you're being so open to him and why he's being kind to you.
Just a few days earlier, he was cold and so distant but now, here he is, acting like a real friend.
The casual guy that supports you but doesn't have a romantic feeling for you

The two of you seated there, until Luka stop on the road in front of you and called your name.

You bid goodbye to Adrien and casually(pretending) walk to Luka before kissing him on the cheek and seated behind him while hugging his waist.

You could only wait for the worst...or the best...

Luka drive to somewhere, you didn't pay attention on the way due to the unnerving thoughts in your head. You couldn't help but overthink.
What if he breaks up with you?
Just the thought of you without him cause your eyes to get teary as you lean your forehead on his back, hugging him tighter.

"Woah.. not so tight babe"

You nodded and loosen a bit but still clung to him desperately.
He had been with you for many years, you and him started this relationship when you were both young and still beginning on your adolescence.
You both grow up on this relationship, protected this relationship and was used to each other.

You didn't want to let him go.
You didn't want him to break up with you.

You didn't want your life without Luka in it.

"Were here"

You nodded and let go, you walk on a bench and look around. You were near the central, there were few pigeons on the ground and some old people feeding them.

"Here" looking up, you saw Luka holding (f/d(canned, plastic, carton) and you take it, drinking while focusing at Luka who seated beside you.

"Don't you have work?" You ask, not wanting the conversation to be about you.

"I ask for a day off. Exams are nearing so i don't want my grades to fail" you nodded at his words and took another gulp from your drink.

The two of your silently seated there watching the people around you.

"Y/n"

"Yeah?" You mumbled, fidgeting at his low voice

"Are we alright?" You froze at his question.

You don't know what to tell him. Should it be yes when clearly it's not or no and then either fix your misunderstanding or either your relationship end.

"Yes!" You suddenly shouted and you close your mouth immediately, nervously eyeing him.

"I-I  mean yes.. were fine, why wouldn't it be?" You said looking down. Your words was answer by silence and you felt yourself wanting to cry every passing second.

"yeah, why wouldn't we be alright, right?" You gave a tight smile and clench the container of your (f/d)

I hope that's true

•°•.✧ᴇɴᴅ||

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Let's imagine not being the protagonist and evaluate her characteristics.

The protagonist is a girl who really misunderstand a lot of things.
What she believe will always be what she believes unless it's proven wrong.
She's also insecure of many things due to being given away by her family at a young age.
She's a contradicting person
She's also cold at people she doesn't like (e.g Adrien at first, then of course Marinette)
She's broke.. and the reason will appear on the next chapter.

So that's it. Not everyone is perfect. We have our own negative aspects, but as long as we change it that's fine.
We have our own fears too.

It's alright.. we're just humans.

Anyways, i don't know how to fight with sheer words and intelligence.
I'm more of a brute XD fighter and uses fist when I'm really really really pissed off and I'm bad with words...