+ Cats +

I knew she was sly, but I didn't know that she was this sly. Somehow, she'd applied for a job as a drama teacher at my school. Why did she have to be here? Why my school? Why drama? She knows I like drama, so is she just here to piss me off and teach me some more dumb crap or what?

+ + +

Even though I'm surprised, a bit mad, and absolutely confounded, it's a bit nice to have someone that I know as my drama teacher. Plus, I'd rather have her than the professor.

"Sorry.." I mutter under my breath. Keep in mind that I'm still irritated at the sight of my bitchy stepmother at my school.

"It's all good!" she says cheerfully. Woah, mood changes. "Cody, right?" I nod and look down, a bit guilty for thinking she was a monster. Or maybe she's just playing.

It's not just me here, there's about sixteen other students, all auditioning for The Lion King as well as me.

"Right, so.. do you have your lines, Cody?" Brianna asks. Fortunately for me, most of the other people auditioning here were all doing their own thing, so I wasn't being looked at. I mean, of course I'm gonna have to be looked at at some stage, but I'm just not really ready for that yet..

"Actually, uh..." I say, "I don't need them.. I've already memorised the words.." she looks at me, stunned.

"Oh, well, that's great!" she exclaims. She's way more cheerful than usual for some reason, but I like it. I'm just worried that it's not going to last.

So I start reciting my lines to her, and I put in as much effort as I can to look like Simba. Sure, it sounds stupid, pretending to be a little lion cub. Roaring. Doing weird things. At least I have a chance at this. But if I don't get the part I am going to be totally furious.

+ + +

She claps after the first scene I show her. "Well done! Well done!" I bow ridiculously, and smile, making me feel a bit flushed. "Okay, uh, could I get whoever is auditioning for Nala over here? I'd like to see the kiss scene, if I'm honest."

Right. I didn't think this through.. but it should be fine, right? The other drama teacher comes in and looks at me. She looks about forty or fifty, and she has that natural bitchy face.

Seconds later, Brianna brings over this short blonde girl, whose face goes bright red when I look at her. Must be because she has such pale skin. She honestly looks like a vampire.

"I'm Tessa." she says. "So uh, we have to kiss, I guess." I look at her, as if to say that this wasn't real, and we weren't going to be dating after this musical. She clearly doesn't get it.

"Okay, you two, go ahead!" Brianna says happily.

Tessa wraps her arms around my neck and looks up at me happily. She leans forward ever so slowly...

"I can't do it." I pull away. Tessa makes a pouty face.

Brianna stands up and walks over to me quickly, resting her hand on my shoulder. "Oh, honey, are you alright?" I shake my head.

"I just.. don't feel comfortable." I say gently into her ear. She nods.

"Oh, I know. First kisses are intense.." she says.

"No, no.. I mean I don't feel comfortable doing it with.. her.." I say, trying not to sound rude.

So Brianna brings over another girl, a bit taller, and brunette. "Nope, I still can't do it."

We tried about six other girls, but at this point I feel like opting out already. I've never felt this before. What is this feeling? Why am I so alarmed by these women? It's not normal.

"How about.. we try... a boy..?" Brianna suggests. For some reason, it doesn't seem like a bad idea. Tessa looks at us and scoffs.

"Ugh, gay.." she mutters.

Brianna marches over to her. "Tessa, listen to me. If you are going to be like that, you can leave, thank you." Tessa rolls her eyes.

Nonetheless, Brianna brings me a guy this time.

He has messy golden hair that reminds me of a male version of Goldilocks, navy green eyes, and a little mini pimple over his top lip. He's also a bit shorter than me.

"Hi.. I-I'm Ben.." he speaks with a deep, slightly raspy voice. "So um.. I'm sorry-" he starts.

"Don't worry about it!" I laugh. Brianna sets herself down and waits for the intensity level to rise.

Ben grabs my shirt and kisses me. And it goes really fast, but really slow. He slides his tongue into my mouth, kissing me roughly. Of course, I kiss him back, playing along to the harshness.

He finally lets go, after about twenty seconds of a really rough make out session. A string of saliva still hangs from our mouths.

"Wow.." Brianna says, shocked. "That was.."

The other teacher cuts in.

"You both are in."