I. Prison Of Mirrors

CHAPTER ONE
━━ PRISON OF MIRRORS

CHAPTER ONE━━ PRISON OF MIRRORS

"SILCO'S GOING TO KILL YOU!"

         The girl was sitting in the middle of a cell across from a giant, gold-framed mirror, knees pulled to her chest and fingertips tapping anxiously against the cracking concrete. She looked bored gazing into the glass at a shimmering reflection, her eyes shifting to the left where she could make out the shadow figure sitting on the other side of her cage's iron bars. The man met her gaze with a strange expression of his own一not angry, but also not completely indifferent. It was like he was calling her bullshit just by making eye contact, saying "Yeah, sure, I'll believe that when the man himself stops by to stick a needle in my eye." He was making it clear that he didn't fear death. Let alone if it came by Silco's hand.

         Yvonne broke eye contact with the mysterious man that continued to visit her prison, always with the same questions and impassive expression gracing his beautiful face. Well...what she thought was a beautiful face. The man stalked along the walls furthest from the cage anytime he randomly showed up, keeping to the shadows except for the one time he accidentally startled forward. The damaged lights above head basking the room in a blue tint had caught the left side of his body. The pained look on his face hadn't caught Yvonne's attention, but rather the glint of busted metal along that side of his body. Once he realised what he'd done, the man shuffled back into the darkness before taking his leave. He didn't visit for a long time after that.

         He had been right to call her bluff, however. Silco had no reason to want him dead, nor had the thought even crossed his mind. Yvonne could see that clearly in the spying glass of her mirror. She didn't remember how she'd come into possession of the magical object, only that she knew it would answer to her. And it always did.

         The golden frame was carved into pictures of creatures and men at war. Bloodied battles of death and carnage and misery, but also mercy and justice. The glass reacted as though it weren't molded to the body, but created as one. Like the one piece was never separate from the other. Soulmates, she thought. Built for one another with the purpose of simply being. But their existence was much more than a mirror. It was more like a looking glass with more abilities than the naked eye could see. It's most useful gift was that of Sight, and, through Yvonne, the mirror could answer any person's desired question.

         Yvonne's gift was what imprisoned her. She spoke to the mirror in a language no other living being would understand or could learn, so when someone needed something they came to her. (Since she was taken in by a man named Silco her talents had been utilised by himself and his countless partners for their own gain. There was always something they wanted or someone they needed to hunt down). Most were selfish in their demands: a jewel, an old accomplice, a prostitute! That is until the man made of metal began his odd visits.