Chapter 24 - Devious Date - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"The first one is Swap. Some call him Blueberry to mock him." Nightmare pointed to a skeleton with blue star pupils... wait. Swap. This was Swap. I'd known him for 3 months. We were best friends, till Nightmare came along. I kept my composure as Swap lost himself in joy seeing me again.

"I haven't seen you in forever Y/N! I'm glad you're okay. Has Nightmare hu-" He was cut off by Nightmare placing a tentacles over his mouth. He glared at him and Blue backed down.

"This one is Dream. You've seen him in a one of your dreams before. We both fought in that one." I blinked once and my memories came flooding back to me. I had seen this skeleton before.

His gold, dark teal, and black attire was all too familiar. He was Nightmare's brother as well. I nodded at Nightmare's introduction of him. Dream didn't dare speak not wanting to know what would happen if he did, considering this was about me.

"The last one is Ink." That was it. Nothing too special was said about him. All Ink did was look away from us and outside to stare at the birds and squirrels in the yard. His pupils changed to show his enjoyment.

His pupils changed.

Now that was something I'd never seen before. It was interesting, and I stared at him with confusion and surprise for a few seconds before escaping my trance.

"Well. I'm Y/N as Nightmare's already explained." I stood there with my arms by my side. They dangled loosely in the awkward silence. I swallowed saliva that was in the back of my throat and stood there.

"To break this silence, let's get to business. Me, Ink, and Swap have come here to check up on you. We had learned of your existence a while ago, and wanted to make sure that you weren't hurt." Dream spoke with elegancy. He acted like a prince. He even has a crown.

"I'm not hurt. This guy wouldn't dare hurt me." I grinned looking over at Nightmare, who had a playful annoyed expression on his face. I widened my grin, more sadistically, waiting for the next action.

"That's hard to believe. With everything he's done I wouldn't be surprised if you were even a little hurt. But the fact that you aren't does surprise me." I tried to completely ignore all of the possibilities of horrible things Nightmare could of done.

There was a lot.

Murder, Theft, Arson, Vandalism, and probably worse. I wiped the thoughts from my mind in an instant and focused back on the trio.

"If you're completely fine, then we will be taking our leave." Dream bowed his head and stared at Nightmare with a joyful look. Some sort of brother thing I wouldn't understand. Ink jumped and looked over at Dream with an annoyed expression.

"What!? I though we came here to take Y/N away from Nightmare! What made you change your mind?" Nightmare's expression immediately changed to an angered one. He was about to lunge at Ink before I grabbed onto his jacket. Or was it the fact that Dream had drawn his bow.

Either way, he quickly stopped. Dream lowered his bow knowing that I was there to calm Nightmare, and turned to look at Ink with a defeated look.

"That was the plan. But seeing how calm and less homicidal he is with Y/N shows something. I'm not sure myself quite yet but Y/N isn't in any harm." Ink scoffed and whipped a giant paintbrush from his back. A pile of ink appeared on the ground, and Ink jumped in while letting his tongue aim itself at Nightmare in a joking way.

Nightmare growled at Ink's efforts to annoy him, successfully doing so. Dream and Swap followed behind Ink quickly. The trio disappeared from our sights.