Chapter 24 - Devious Date - Part 2

The whole entire movie theatre was calming. The movie played through with no complications, and was very enjoyable. Everyone once and a while I could sense Nightmare looking over at me. I showed pure enjoyment the entire time I was inside the theatre. I couldn't help it honestly.

Nightmare seemed to be enjoying himself as well. None of his tendrils made any big movements. They seemed relaxed, unlike the negative being himself. I had glanced over a few times at the guy, and he seemed tense, but once I was enjoying something, he loosened up.

I only heard him sigh once. Probably out of relief for something. I paid no attention to it, and continued focusing on the giant tv fixed in front of us and the many others in the room.

There were a few distractions that couldn't go unnoticed though.

The cries of children, whispers of other monsters and humans, including all ages. Bright lights from a few phones were present 2 rows in front of me. It didn't bother me, though I could tell it bothered a few others by the whisper shouts.

There was something in particular that I couldn't miss though.

Nightmare being tensed and wary.

He kept looking around the two of us, as if someone would sneak up on him. I tried to relax him a few times, which did work, though it ended in him being stressed again not even a minute after. I eventually gave up and just tried to focus on the movie. I wanted to help him desperately, though I just couldn't.

Besides these, the move was great. I was glad Nightmare had taken me out today.

The screen faded to black and words started to shoot up from the bottom of the screen.

The movie had ended.

"Well that's that." Nightmare stood up, and as soon as he did I saw a few teenagers behind us gasp at his appearance. He ignored them.

"It is. I guess we'll be heading home now." I grabbed the popcorn bowl and my own drink, while Nightmare grabbed the candy bag and his drink. I walked out of the theatre and entered the hallway.

"Agreed. Though, a few uninvited people should be waiting at your home. Apologies in advance for their actions." He bit him tongue when speaking, clearly not wanting to apologize. He seemed to hate these unnamed people.

"No need to apologize. I'm sure I can handle them." I gave Nightmare a small smile, trying to reassure him that he didn't have to care for me so much.

"I wish you could." He sighed and then placed the candy in the empty bucket. He latched onto my arm and then the world faded into my living room. I could see three figures standing in the room, all with a grin on their faces.

Nightmare scoffed and scrunched his nose up. He was disgusted. I placed the theatre items in my arms onto the coffee table. The three people had only just noticed us both. I looked up to face them.

They were all skeletons.

How many skeletons would I meet in my life? I'd never know, and I would probably lose count. I stared at them for a few seconds before being pulled back by Nightmare.

"They're so overly positive I hate this already." He motioned to his mouth and then stuck his tongue out, as if he was puking. Showing that he didn't like these guys or positivity. I giggled and then faced the trio again.

"Ahem. Y/N, these three are the Star Sanses. Star Shits, this is Y/N." He grinned sadistically at the little nickname he gave the trio. One of their faces scrunched up in annoyance, while the others stayed neutral.