1. A Song From Your Childhood

Song: Neopolitan Dreams ~ Lisa Mitchell

Brief Summary: When I was younger this used to be on an advert for Lenor (a cleaning product) and I always used to sing along at the top of my lungs

Phil's POV

I was seven years old and sitting next to my best friend, Dan. We were on my parents giant double bed and watching tv. Dan was lying in his back, watching the screen upside down while I was lying on my tummy with my elbows propped up and my head resting in he palms of my hands.

"Phiiiiil." Dan whined as Adventure Time finished and the tv adverts came on. "Turn over the tv, the adverts are boriiiiing."

I groaned, Dan was always so impatient. "Just wait and the show will be back on."

"But it's soooo boring." He complained, flopping around on his back like a fish out of water.

I chuckled lightly, looking down at my best friend in the whole wide world. "Dan, you're my best friend, now shut up and watch the adverts." I said, nudging his hip with mine lightly to stop him from wriggling around.

"Ugh, you suck." He grumbled.

"No, I'm just more mature than you are." I stated, matter-of-faculty.

"Just because you're five months older than me, doesn't mean you're any better." Dan mumbled, staring at the screen from his upside down position.

"That's where you're wrong, my young friend." I grinned, nodding my head slightly as a song on one of the adverts caught my attention.

Dan let out a huff but didn't say anymore on the matter.

An advert for a cleaning product came on and there was a girl on screen who was playing in her newly washed sheets while this really catchy song was playing and I grinned at the light and happy tune.

It just perfectly seemed to the fit the mood. Dan and I were sat happily in my parents room and the sun was streaming through the window making everything glow a warm orange. Dan's brown hair seemed so much lighter and golden as his head rested directly in the stream of light, his eyes squinted against the bright glare of the sun. The sky was blue. About as clear as my eyes but also had a light tone to it, it wasn't an overwhelming blue but a very comforting one. The advert on the tv had a light and happy tone which just made me feel so good inside and a large grin grew on my face as I began to sing along to the song on the tv.

"You go on, I'll be okay, I can dream the rest of the way. It's just a little touch of fate, it'll be okay. It sure takes its precious time but it's got rights and so have I.

I turn my head up to the sky, I focus one boy at a time. I do not let the little thieves under my tightly buttoned sleeves. It couldn't be a longer time, I feel like I'm walking blind.

I have no arrival time, there are no legible signs. There are no legible signs. Ba da Ba da da da da Ba da Ba da da da da."

I then began to him the tune as the lyrics faded out and my head still nodding along to the song. I looked down when the advert finished to notice Dan was staring up at me, his golden brown eyes were wide in awe and his mouth was slightly agape. "What?" I asked, blushing lightly under his intense gaze.

"How do you do it?" He asked quietly, still staring at me with that same expression.

"Do what?" I questioned, a little confused.

"How are you so utterly happy and amazing that you manage to make me smile like the sun from the Teletubbies just by being yourself?" He asked, the awe apparent in his voice.

I just shook my head and smiled. "I was just singing." I mumbled embarrassedly.

"No, you were smiling like crazy and you were bopping your head along and you made me smile." Dan insisted.

"Well... I'm glad I made you happy." I muttered.

"You always make me happy." Dan said, gazing up at me with that awe stricken face.

He was definitely my bestest friend in the whole wide world.

*

*

*

I like this one, it's cute ~Alex