Chapter 21 - Stern Talking To

Y/N: "Looks like Todoroki and Sero are up next..."

Mina: "Yeah, I think Todoroki's going to win this one..."

Present Mic: "Sorry to keep you waiting folks! Next up it's... These two!! He turned in a excellent performance to make it this far! Also, what's up with his elbows?! Hanta Sero of the Heroics Department! Versus!!! You who stands at the top of the top! He's way too strong!!! Also from the Department of Heroics, Shoto Todoroki!!! START!!!!"

Sero immediately flings his tape towards Todoroki. He entangles Todoroki and begins to swing him towards the outside of the ring.

Present Mic: "A lightning quick surprise attack aiming for a ring-out!! Almost without a doubt the best choice he could have made!!"

There was a scornful look on Todoroki's face. Todoroki sent a devastating ice attack, covering over half of the arena in his ice. The arena fell completely silent, totally flabbergasted by Todoroki's power. Sero was frozen solid.

Midnight: "Sero... can you move?"

Sero: "Are you kidding?! Of course not!"

Midnight: "Sero had been immobilized!!! Todoroki advances to the next round!!"

A chorus of 'Nice try' was sounded throughout the entire arena by the heroes in the stands.

Y/T: 'Jeez... wasn't that a little much? He looked so angry... Todoroki... I think that I'll check on him... I wonder if he's okay...'

You stand and start to sidestep your way out of your seat.

Mina: "Huh? Where ya going, Y/N?"

Y/N: "O-oh! I'm just getting some water!"

Mina: "Okay! Try to be back before the next match starts!"

Y/N: "Right!"

You wander the halls at the bottom of the stadium, looking for Todoroki.

Y/N: "Todoroki!"

He gazes at you and scowls.

Shoto: "What?"

His voice was cold and harsh, his eyebrows furrowed.

Y/N: "I... are you okay?"

Todoroki's eyes widen a fraction before returning to normal.

Shoto: "Is there a reason you're asking?"

Y/N: "Well... when you were fighting Sero... you looked so... angry..."

He grunts and turns away from you.

Shoto: "You shouldn't be worrying so much about others."

Y/N: "Why's that?"

Shoto: "This is a school for aspiring heroes, not for making friends."

Y/N: "I don't understand how making friends decreases your chances of becoming a hero."

Shoto: "..."

You muster up all of the courage you have to speak your mind.

Y/N: "Todoroki... you want to be left alone. I get that. I'll go. But first... I just want you to know that you don't have to face everything alone."

Shoto: "..."

Y/N: "Others are important. They help shape who you are... You can't just ignore people for your entire life, Todoroki. There will always be people who care about you, whether you like it or not."