chp | two

You watched with sad eyes as the poor female bunny hybrid got dragged off the stage. The owner stood on the platform, a malicious smirk on his face as he thanked the buyer.

"Next, we have Min y/n, a twenty-one-year-old panther hybrid!" The worker pushed you on the stage, and you walked up to the owner with your head hung low.

"We'll start the bidding off with eight million won! Anyone willing to buy her for eight million?"

A couple of numbers went up. "I'll take her for ten million!" The crowd gasped, and the owner smirked. "I'm about to make a lot off you," he whispered. "Ten million won! Number twenty-five is offering ten million won for this beauty-" "I'll have her for twelve!" A man shouted, raising his number.

"The prices are getting higher! Does anyone have more to offer?" "Fifteen million!" The crowd gasped and turned to see the person bidding such a large amount of money.

You lifted your head to catch a glimpse of the bidder, and your knees almost gave in.

If no one was going to offer anything more, you were doomed. The man was old, and he had a cigar hanging from his mouth. His entire appearance screamed he was a wealthy businessman who's a sex offender in disguise.

"Twenty-five million won." The owners gasped, his eyes widening as he stared at the man carrying number seven. "Oh wow! Does anyone have anything more to offer?"

The people in the crowd fell silent. "Going once!" Silence. "Going twice!" Silence. "And sold to the lovely gentlemen number seven!" You raised your head to look at the man who had bought you.

He looked back at you. A mask covered his face, he had a beanie on his head, and he was dressed in all black.

A worker came up to you and dragged you off the stage. Your eyes locked with your new owner, and even though the mask was covering his face, you could tell he was smiling at you.

-

"I'm so sorry, y/n. I'm so sorry," Yuri wept, pulling you into a tight embrace. "It's o-okay. The person who bought me didn't look too mean. I'm sure I'll be okay."

"You have our numbers, y/n... let's try to keep in contact, yea?" Chris asked, tears brimming in his eyes, and you nodded. "It's time to go. You've had enough time to say your goodbyes." The worker grumbled, and one of the male hybrids growled at him.

"Where's y/n going?" You smiled at the younger panther standing next to his older brother. "I'm going to my new home," you told him. "I was adopted."

The younger panther beamed. "Woah, that's so nice! I hope we'll get adopted too, hyung." "Mm, I hope so too, Sungie," you locked eyes with the older brother, and your heart broke.

"Let's go!" You felt a tight grip on your are, and you were dragged out of the enclosure. Tears fell from your eyes as you watched Yuri and Chris break down. Those two treated you like their younger sister. They became your family, and now you were being taken away.

"Sorry, she took so long. She was busy saying her goodbyes." The worker huffed, pushing you to a man. "That's okay. Did you get to properly say goodbye?" He asked you, but you didn't respond.

"Let's go."

-

You were sitting in the backseat of the car while your new owner sat in the driver's seat. The drive was mostly silent, except for the soft music coming from the radio.

"You must have a lot of questions. You can ask me anything." "Why?" You asked, sending daggers to the back of his head. "Why what?" "Why did you buy me? And for twenty-five million won, at that."

"Well, I was determined to get you. I would've bid anything just so I could get to take you home." He said, looking at you through the review mirror.

"Why? There were far more exotic hybrids at the auction, so why me?" "Well, it's because I needed a panther hybrid." "Why a panther hybrid."

"I work at a hybrid rights company. We've been keeping tabs on this place, and we've been buying a few hybrids from as here. In fact, there's a number of our workers in that crowd tonight. The bunny hybrid who was bought before you was bought by someone in the company."

"Why are you buying hybrids?" "As I said, we've been keeping tabs on this place, and the owner of this place is selling hybrids illegally. Selling hybrids, in general, is wrong, but the government permits it only if the person selling them has a license."

"Why would you buy me from him if he knew he was selling me illegally?" Whatever this man was saying wasn't making any sense to you.

"We've got the police involved, sweetheart. The reason we need to buy a couple of hybrids from him is so that when we've gained enough evidence to get him locked up, we can get you guys to testify against him and his workers. One of my partners is working on this case."

"You still didn't answer why you needed a panther hybrid," you huffed. "It's because I've, well we, we've always wanted one of our own-" "We?" "Uh yes, we. My partners and I. We have friends who own a panther hybrid, and he's a bit mean, but he's pretty chill. So although I initially bought you for investigation purposes, I want you to adopt you. The right way, and only if you agree. You have a say in this, you know?"

You couldn't help but scoff. You spent the majority of your life being sold to people. And when you were adopted the right way, you never had a say in it. If the person adopting looked decent enough, they'd send you off.

Now you have this random masked male telling you he's working for a hybrid rights company, and he's working with the police to help put the owner in trouble and free the hybrids there.

You wanted to believe him, and maybe this is what your brother was telling you about. That one day, you'd find an owner who would treat you the way a hybrid should be treated.

"I just realised I haven't introduced myself," he mumbled, but you could hear him. He removed a hand of the steering will and dug into his pocket, pulling out a card.

"Here," he said, handing you a card. You eyed before hesitantly taking it from his hand.

"My name is Park Jimin, and I'm the owner of Paws Protect."