{14} I can

«But... I never made a letter, does that mean I'm not getting anything?!?» Jinx said, almost sobbing.

«No! Papa is right you can write it down but if you don't, Santa's elves check you and see what you want! See, there're gifts under the tree!»

«So we're Santa's helpers?» She asked. She chose for both of us elves costumes. «Yep! We help him by being nice and listening to Papa during the year.»

«Both of you?» he asks, «Of course, I'm a good girl, ain't I?» I wink at him as Jinx starts unwrapping her presents.

Nothing special actually, just a bunch of scraps, but a lot of them. Including Fishbone's shark head. More than enough for a little girl in the undercity. 

«Omg!!!! Thanks Y/N!! I love you.» she runs towards me for a hug. It's the first time she says it. I can feel my eyes get watery, and Silco is happily surprised too.

«I love you too, Jinx.»

Sevika brings in the cake along with Ron, who I must admit looks cute today. His long red hair quite helps with the Christmas vibe.

We eat tons of meals Jinx never even heard of, I'm not the best cook but I did a great job.

Then I show everyone an old tradition that my family learned in Ionia: you take a piece of paper, write a wish and then stick it in a lantern that is light enough to fly- if you believe enough, it will become true.

«What was your wish, Y/N?» «Oh, Jinx you shouldn't tell your»

«I wished that you'd become my mom. And live with me and Papa forever.»

«Only you can decide if I can be your mom. And Papa would need to want me around for staying here foreve-» I turn to face Silco and I see him on his knee, with a ring in his hand. A silver ring with some crimson gems.

«Would you want to be with me forever, dove? I know I will never be able to give you a luxurious home or live in Piltover, but I can give you all of me

«Would you want to be with me forever, dove? I know I will never be able to give you a luxurious home or live in Piltover, but I can give you all of me.»

He's so important and powerful in the undercity, but still is insecure about a girl who clearly wants him.

«Do you know what I liked the most about you when we first got to know each other? You didn't care who I was. Who my parents were, nor my jewelry's value. You're the first person who treated me like I was anyone. You wanted to learn, read books, travel. You wanted to actually live your life and I was so jealous of whoever was your wife. Thinking of another woman living the life that I wanted, with the most interesting man I've ever met.»

«But Papa never had a girlfriend before-» «Yes Jinx, but when you're Papa's age usually you do. He was waiting for me, apparently. And I was waiting for him

His face lights up like the lights on the tree inside. «Jinx, cover your ears for a second.»

«And you know what? It's true we are far from knowing each other and we've been together for a short amount of time. But I feel like I've always known you and I'm fucking sure, firefly. I can't think of myself with anyone but you.»

He puts the ring on my finger and I jump in his arms, Jinx trying to make Silco get her too, but it starts raining. 

He puts me down, and everyone starts to go inside. Except for the two of us.

«Like the first time we kissed.» I whisper, looking at the sea and the sky. It's cold and a storm is coming but I can't feel a thing, just him.

«I wished you'd have said yes.» He says, wrapping an arm around my waist and looking a the direction of the lantern that is somehow still flying. Our story is full of coincidences.

«Both of you suck at keeping your wishes to yourselves.» hinting at what Jinx said. We both chuckle like kids.

«I'm so sick Y/N... it isn't a disease anymore. It's the cure... I'm- I'm in love with you

«You're so cheesy sometimes-» «Oh, sorry.» «I never said it was a bad thing. I love you, old cheesy man.»

He leans in and we kiss. Every time our lips meet they lock, as if we were meant to be. They are meant to be.

For a split second, I think about Can't help myself and realize I don't relate to it anymore

I don't need to fit in, this is my place.

Maybe the world isn't such a terrible place, if I'm with you.

____________________

A/N the ring is an old removed item from the game, it was one of my fav back then so it was a great occasion to add it (it's called Prospector's Ring).

Also, in our fanfic's lore, this Christmas is the reason why Jinx loves it and why she has this skin in the game. Next chapter will be the last a/n to wrap up 

 Next chapter will be the last a/n to wrap up