{3} Coincidence

I struggled to sleep tonight but in an enjoyable way. I kept thinking about him, hugging my pillow and making up scenarios in my head. I hate it so much that I can't go. I hate it. I've always been so good, so obedient, yet I don't get anything in return. I have to find a way to sneak out.

5 am. I sneakily go to Camille's room, careful to not be seen. In the morning the house is crowded with valets preparing my parent's schedule for the day, but they don't come near my room, on the other side of the house, until 5:30 am.

Camille is my personal maid, but she feels more like a motherly figure- especially since I see my own mother just at dinner, and not even every day.

«Cam, can you please get me some of the maid's clothes I want to go out.»

« My dear baby, you can pick any from my wardrobe, but... are you sure? Your parents won't take it well when they find out.»

«If they find out, Camille. »

I looked for the cheapest-looking clothes I could find, a hard job even for a maid's clothes, and my outfit ended up being a long skirt, with a tight belt on my waist, and a brown shirt, a bit open. I dressed up.

« Thank you so much Camille, love you. » I kissed her cheek before grabbing my bag and leaving. It was still early, so I sat on a bench in front of the globe at the center of the square.

 It was still early, so I sat on a bench in front of the globe at the center of the square

And because of that moment of boredom, I felt it: guilt. Sett did so much for me yesterday, we kissed, and now I'm here waiting for a random guy I just met, while he's probably knocking on my door waiting for me to get ready.

I was just about to go back home when I heard someone behind me «Am I late?». Silco was very elegant today, his hair slicked back in a more caring way than yesterday, and the guilt quickly disappeared. I just wanted to live the moment, for once.

He checked me out, focusing on my waist, moving his gaze to his boots when he realized that I noticed «I, uh- I got you a present, I found this crimson red paint at a place nearby, I thought maybe you'd like using it.» «Yes! Thank you, Sir!». He's so cute.

It was still very early, and we were the first customers of the day. The place slowly started getting crowded and the more people started getting in, the more he'd distance himself from me: whenever someone would pass where we were, he'd stop talking and pretend that we weren't together. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the most remote aisle, just the two of us. «Are you embarrassed to be here with me?» His expression changed, and he looked almost sad: «What? No! I don't want to ruin your reputation. People would talk if they saw you with me.»

«Why would that be a problem?» I had a puzzled look on my face. Never leaving the house definitely had an impact on my naivety in real-life situations.

«Y/N, it's about you being like this,» he said the last word with a higher pitch pointing at my face and body, followed by a sigh, «and talk to someone like this.» pointing at his scarred eye. «And a lower class. I can tell you're not as average as you tried pretending.»

«Well I don't care, the rank means nothing when we're just reading books together

«Well I don't care, the rank means nothing when we're just reading books together. And besides, I think that you're very attracti- Oh shoot, my apologies.» I took a deep breath and a step back.

«I shouldn't have said that. I crossed the line, you're probably married and I shouldn't say stuff like this-» «I'm not married, ma'am.» a soft smile appeared on his face.

«Maybe we can go somewhere else, you can show me where you live if you want.» I was curious, I wanted to find out more about him. At this point I basically cornered him. «Y/N... I'm from the undercity. You wouldn't like that. I don't want you to see it.»

Dad told me about the underground: "A bunch of dirty, lower people who behave like animals. Whenever they come to the city they try to start fights or steal property. If you ever meet one, call a police officer Y/N, so they can hit them until they return to their stinky home." But Silco is different. Yes, and dad is exaggerated on many things.

«But I want to see it, or would that be a problem for you? People you know seeing us, I mean.»

«I couldn't care less of what others think of me, quite frankly.» he checked his wristwatch, «But I need to go now. It was a pleasure spending some time with you.» he took my hand and kissed it, «See you the next coincidence, doveIt's the worst nickname I ever heard in my life. I love it.

«I have the feeling it will happen, fireflyHow the hell did that even come to my mind? But, by the look on his face, he liked it. It's all that matters.

He headed out as I went in line to buy the book he suggested to me. I sooo want to follow him and see what he's up to but it would be extremely rude, so I'm going home. I don't have any reason to stay out, now.

I got a few more hours before the piano lesson, so I run to my room and start reading. Sett is obviously gonna be mad at me, so I will just avoid him for today.

________________

A/N hey! I'm really enjoying this story honestly, I know it's a bit cheesy and silly but I think it's cute :3