(1) Your Fangs Are Dull

Start from the beginning

I sighed, "Let me guess; you have a date on Saturday?" I predicted.

She groaned and nodded, banging her head against the locker next to me. Which just so happened to be Alexander's.

"Hey, hey, hey, whatever you're mad at, don't take it out on the poor locker."

Huh, speak of the devil...

Emerald spun around, and immediately her eyes lit up.

There's a reason for why our parents named her Emerald. You see, she has the most innocent looking, emerald green eyes you could ever see. Whenever she was happy, they would light up like sparkling emeralds, and anyone around her would seem to just stop and stare. She has really pretty eyes, and everyone makes sure she knows it.

Emerald doesn't let anything get to her head, though. She's like a devilish angel, and even though she may pull a few light pranks, or she'd 'borrow' your hairbrush without asking - she would never do anything that would harm someone in any way.

That's why I love my sister, and that's why I trust her so much.

"Alexander, I have horrible news!" Emerald said, deciding to bang her head against Alexander's chest instead.

He laughed and wrapped his arms around his groaning girlfriend. "Are you going to tell me what this horrible news is?" He asked, playing with her hair.

He really loves her. It's nice to see and know that he wouldn't ever try to hurt her, and vice versa.

"There's an A Day to Remember concert this Saturday, and Arielle has tickets for me and her to go. So, I was wondering if..."

"If we could postpone the date?" Alexander finished for her, and understanding smile filling his face.

She bit her lip, something she does when she's contemplating something. "Well, instead of postponing it... I was thinking that maybe we could have the date on Friday, instead of Saturday?" She suggested.

Alexander frowned. "That would be a great idea... if I wasn't babysitting my brother." He said sadly.

"How about on Sunday?" She offered.

He looked at her, a teary expression on his face. "I'm going to visit my grandma on Sunday," he said, his voice suddenly just above a whisper.

Understanding crossed Emerald's expression and she nodded slowly, hugging him.

Alexander's grandma was in the hospital, plagued with cancer and has been in the hospital bed for a few weeks now. Every so often, Alexander would go and visit her, bringing her flowers and keeping her informed with anything that's happening in his family.

Overall, Alexander is a sweet guy, and Emerald's really lucky to have him. He's like my older brother too, except non-related, and he's dating my sister.

"I guess we could just postpone the date until next weekend, then..." Emerald said, eyes looking sad.

I sighed, knowing this was going to be the biggest sacrifice known to mankind. I mean, come on! It's A Day to Remember! How can you not love them?

I love my sister more, though, and I know that Alexander loves the band too, so...

"Here," I said, reluctantly handing Emerald the two tickets. "You two can have your date at the concert." I told them.

Emerald's eyes widened. "Oh, no! No, I can't do that! You've always wanted to see them live!" She said.

I pursed my lips, "Don't remind me," I said. Shoving the tickets into her hands, I added, "besides, they might have a concert in this town again, so I'll just go then." Emerald didn't look convinced, so I continued, "I'll benefit from this too. Mom and dad are going on their honeymoon, and if you two go to the concert; I'll be home alone. You know how much I cherish my alone time, right, Em?" I grinned.