(1) Your Fangs Are Dull

1.

"You bitch!"

I sighed and turned around, knowing exactly who the person was that called. I was all but attacked by my bestest friend and sister in the entire world, Emerald Viel.

"Why didn't you tell me about the concert tickets?!" She screamed, frowning, but a huge grin lit up her face.

I knew she'd find out eventually...

I sighed again, "Em, I told you I had a surprise for you, but you had to go and ruin it." I frowned. "How did you find them, anyway?"

She smiled mischievously. "I'm a ninja."

I chuckled, "You're a sneaky little devil, that's what you are," I said.

Emerald Viel - the best older sister anyone could ever ask for. She would never ditch you for stupid reasons, and she would never make herself seem more superior than you. If anything, she liked to go unnoticed. That never happens for her, though, considering she's dating Alexander Dun. Alexander hates being called 'Alex', because it's also a girl's name as well. He's the type of guy who likes to seem all manly and macho in front of his girl, which in this case, is Emerald. Alexander's got the whole 'bad boy' look going for him as well, so when he passes the hallways; all the girl's go 'swoon'.

Not me, though... I'm a whole different case in that scenario. It's not that I don't like guys, or that I'm too focused in my studies to share my attention with a boyfriend. Actually, I'd love to have a boyfriend. It's also not because I'm completely hideous, or because I'm a lone loser.

No. It's because I'm not allowed to date.

You see, ever since that one stupid date with that one guy, my parents have cut off all things related to romance and dating. Of course, I can have guy friends; I just can't date them.

Which sucks, in my opinion. It sucks balls.

Big ones.

Ew, bad mental image.

Ew.

Ew.

Ew.

Ew.

Ew!!

"So, yeah... these uh, ninja skills you have... er... do you think you could show me some moves one day?" I asked, trying to distract myself from the horrifying image in my head.

Emerald laughed and winked, "Nah, it's forbidden to share my skills. Besides, then I wouldn't be a ninja now, would I? Ninjas are supposed to be all secretive and stuff, so no, you can't steal my skills."

I snapped my fingers, "Drat. You caught onto my plan," I pouted.

We headed towards my locker, weaving through the half-empty crowd in the hallways. Once we reached, I spun the combination on my lock and opened the locker. "So, when is the concert?" Emerald asked.

"Didn't you read the ticket?" I fished out my English notebook in the mess that was called a locker.

Emerald shook her head. "No, I was too busy trying to get over the fact that you have A Day to Remember tickets and you didn't tell me!" She put her hands on her hips.

I rolled my eyes, "I bet you already forgave when you realized the second ticket was for you," I said.

She huffed, "Well, you got me there."

"Oh, and to answer your question; it's this Saturday," I informed her.

She gasped, and her eyes widened. "This Saturday?!" She all but yelled.