Chapter One : Friends Are Annoying.

Huffing loudly, you pushed out of your chair, rubbing the bridge of your nose in an attempt to get your feelings in check

You needed your life giving elixir; coffee.

Trudging your way to the kitchen, through the hallway and living room of your rather large apartment, you stopped in front of the coffee pot. You refilled the water container on the side, pulling out the tray afterwards and placing a coffee filter in- not before taking out the old one, first. Turning to the cabinet that resided in the corner up to the left of the machine, you brought your attention to your coffee stash and large collection of mugs.

You decided on a basic cup of Community coffee and your black and white mug that held your zodiac sign on it in a monotone fashion. You could have gone for one of your various expensive coffee brands that you'd received as gifts, but...

Nah, that was too much work.

You scurried over to the fridge while the coffee brewed, taking out your favorite creamer, and set it on the counter. The coffee machine let out a loud beep that rang out through your quiet place, signifying that the coffee was done brewing. You dredged it in creamer before stirring it with a random spoon sitting on the counter, and shimmied your way to the living room.

You grappled with the thick fabric of your hoodie pocket before managing to grasp your phone, whipping it out with vigor. It fell from your hand. You scoffed, maneuvering around it to set your coffee on the coffee table, before heading back to pick it up.

Tumblr and coffee time, the best part of the day. You made your way back over to the couch, bringing your mug from the table to rest between your knees so it wouldn't fall over while you were sitting. Tapping the password out on your phone, you scrolled for a bit; not finding much all that interesting.

Roughly twenty minutes passed, and in that time, you'd finished your coffee; the empty mug now laying sideways on the floor. A poorly drawn advertisement for a new building caught your eye when you switched from Tumblr to Twitter. "Papa Viv's Bitties," it seemed, had opened up about fifteen minutes away.

 It was strange that a bitty shop was only just now opening around here, with them becoming all the rage in the past three years they'd been in the market- but at least the guy didn't really have any competition

Deciding to click on the post, it brought you to their website- and just as you were expecting, the front page was a picture of the caretaker and a few of the bitties. Only a few generic ones- you could name off a Baby Blue, Lil' Bro, and Sansy off of the top of your head. There were two other skeletons sitting on the monster's shoulders, but they were tucked too far against their neck to really tell what they were.

You scrolled a bit more and found the shop had mostly skeleton bitties. Figures; they were the most popular, after all. A few you hadn't even heard of though, had been listed. "Teacups," "Punnys," "Yanyans".... so on and so forth. Interesting.

You clicked out of the website and went back to scrolling for memes. You barely felt like you took care of yourself, lest you try and take care of something that was six inches or less. There wasn't much interesting to be found. You supposed you'd get back to writing that letter to CEO-whats-his-face for whatever company you were complaining to for your boss.

It was a bit out of the job description, but as long as you got to work from home, you weren't complaining. Your job as an accountant was easygoing for the most part, records and numbers weren't at all hard to keep track of. If you were getting paid? You were happy to do it.

Begrudgingly sitting down at the plain office chair that stood before your desk, you got to work typing away. There wasn't much left to do. Just finish that sentence, revise, and send the email. There were a few text errors, but other than that, it seemed good to go- so you sent it, and emailed your boss to confirm that the message had been sent.

You closed your tabs and shut down your computer, done for the day now that you'd gotten that out of the way. Back for more coffee, to the couch, and then Netflix and chill.

That's what you wanted to do, anyways, but your phone started blaring some god awful Crab Rave remix, and you immediately knew who was calling. She called about this time every day to check in and see how you were doing- though she rarely visited, despite being no more than twenty minutes away.

You answered.

"...Hello-?"

She screeched your name and you had to pull the phone away if you wanted to keep your eardrums in-tact.

"DID. YOU. SEE THE NEW BITTY STORE THAT OPENED UP???"

"...I saw the advertisement, and that was all, you banshee. Why?"

"I'm going tomorrow to pick up some new clothes for Ducky, he's absolutely ecstatic to see a new bitty place opened! He'll get to socialize with other bitties more."

You arched a brow despite yourself, knowing that she couldn't see your facial expression.

"...And...?"

"And you're coming with me tomorrow, of course!"

There was a silence between the two of you as she awaited a response.

The answer was clear, though.

"No."

You hung up and set your phone face-down on the counter, before going to make yourself that cup of coffee and continue with your previous plans. You didn't have time for Liza's shenanigans right now.

You knew what you'd done was a little harsh, but she really needed to get it through her thick skull. You wouldn't be getting a bitty anytime soon, and that was that. She knew this. Regardless of the fact that you worked from home, you doubted that you would be able to properly socialize a bitty if you did get one. It wouldn't be fair to you, and most certainly not fair to them.

You went to bed that night with small skeletons on your mind.

(A/N: I don't actually know that much about accounting, but someone I know is an accountant, so I- hope it's a little bit accurate at least??? I'm also not very good at dialogue pacing, so please forgive me for that! I hope to improve as I go on, please feel free to leave constructive criticism 💙)

{This chapter is currently unedited.}

yea i just updated the chapter to remove the discord link. it was unnecessary and I dunno why I decided to put it there in the first place.

anyways.

idk if it notifies folk when i edit chapters or whatever but expect that for the other ones and whatnot