chapter 11

My head hurt. It felt like I'd been pinched with burning needles in my whole body. I opened my eyes, but my sight was foggy.

I tried to sit up, and groaned in pain. The floor swayed beneath me, and the walls were dancing. I closed my eyes for a second, to make sure I wouldn't throw up. I started counting to distract myself from my unease. My heart was thumping loudly, and my mouth was dry.

When I opened my eyes for the second time, I found myself in a completely unfamiliar location. After a minute I realized I was in a Quinjet. Our Quinjet.

Then I remembered everything that happened. I didn't know how long I'd been out, or where I was.

The pain in my body and burning in my head was replaced by anger. "Son of a bitch!" I growled to myself and got up from the floor. My feet was wobbling towards the front of the Quinjet.

Loki was not going to do this to me. He didn't own me, and he sure as hell wouldn't control what I did. If he thought locking me inside a Quinjet would stop me, he clearly didn't know me as much as he said.

-

People were screaming and running around in panic. Buildings had collapsed, cafes were burning and cars ruined. Police officers were trying to keep the citizens out of danger, but even they didn't know how to stop the robotic aliens coming from a whole in the sky - and could you really blame them?

Steve was trying to understand what was going on around them. He couldn't get a picture of what was really happening and where to start, because the whole of New York was flooded.

"Stark, this is insane." said Steve over the earbud. A woman was running into a shop with her child against her chest. A man was sitting against a building holding his hands over his ears, trying to silence the noice.

"I know, just try to fight them off. There was no use trying to talk to Loki," Tony answered back. The group looked at each other without saying a word. For a moment it all felt pointless - they had no idea how to stop it. And they knew they would die trying.

And then like lightning from clear sky, a familiar voice was to be heard over the earbud.

-

"Maybe I can try," I said swinging the Quinjet closer to Stark Tower. I heard a cheering from the earbud.

The city was on fire. Legitimately. It was not the New York I knew. Robots or aliens - things - flying around over the buildings. It was complete chaos.

"Took you long enough," said an annoyed Tony. I rolled my eyes, but chuckled to myself.

"Are you okay Freya?" asked Bucky. His voice was small and sounded concerned. "I'm fine Buck. I'm going up now, keep the civilians safe on the ground and in the buildings." I ordered, and heard small "yup", "got it", and "alright chief".

A little louder, I heard Thor say "I told you she'd be fine".

I opened the Quinjet and looked down on Stark Tower. Loki was looking out over New York, like a king looking at his kingdom. Idiot.

I jumped down from the Quinjet, and landed a few meters away from Loki, who was standing on a podium above me. He turned around to see where the sound came from, and when he saw it was me, his expression sank.

"You have to stop this Loki!" I said, loudly, trying to silence the chaos. He pointed the spear at me and shook his head. "I told you to stay out of this!" he shouted at me.

I felt my muscles tense up. My blood was boiling. "Well, you're clearly not my boss," I lashed out, angry he would even try to tell me what to do.

Loki jumped down from where he was standing and grabbed my wrist. His jaw was clenched and he was staring at me - eyes almost black from anger.

"I am trying to protect you here," he whispered through his teeth. His whole body showed he was angry, but his voice sounded hurt.

I felt bad for him, but I was angry too. "I don't want your fucking protection!" I snarled at him before wrestling my arm out of his grip.

He tried to grab me again, so I slammed my palm right into his face. Loki stumbled back a few steps and looked down. His hand went up to his nose to check if everything was okay.

Then he laughed and looked up at me. While walking closer to me he said "oh how I've misses you darling.". He smiled at me, getting a bit too close.

Even though he looked tired, and beat up, he was really beautiful. He was charming, even though he was an ass. His body was well proportioned and strong. Through the suit I noticed his upper body. It was muscular and robust. His hair was pretty, and his nose was cute. And the eyes - breathtaking.

He noticed I was starting at him and started smiling even more. I backed away from him, my mouth feeling dry. "Don't you dare! This has nothing to do about us," I stumbled at my words, catching myself feeling attracted to him.

Loki shook his head. He didn't stop walking towards me. "This is everything to do about us! About you!". I stopped backing away. I looked him straight into his eyes when he got close.

It almost felt like we had a staring competition. His gaze was intense. His eyes fell down onto my lips. I shook my head. I put my hand on his chest. "Don't drag me into this, I dont remember you," I said quietly, while pushing him away from me.

He smiled down at me, and put his hand on my cheek. I flinched at first, but his touch was so soft and warm. "Oh darling you will." he whisper.

His words startled me, and I stepped back. His hand fell from my face, while I balanced my weight on my left foot, and threw my right fist in an attempt of hurting him. Before my fist hit him, he slipped under my arm. While he was under my arm, I snuck my legs in front of his, making him stumble against the wall. I put my knee up on his chest, putting pressure on his lungs.

"I've changed my mind. I don't want to remember you," I hissed at him. The anger in Loki's eyes disappeared. He looked up at me while furrowing my brows.

"I don't want to remember my life with you." I spit out the words, like they were poison. And maybe they were, because Loki looked wounded. It looked like the words burned into him. And I regretted it instantly.

Of course I wanted to remember him.

Loki swallowed and gritted his teeth. "Too bad," he whispered and put his hand on my palm.

-

FINALLY!! i am so sorry it took so long, but here it is <3 love u guys, thank you so much for the support.