chapter 6

a few days later

a few days later

I had the same reoccurring dream every night since I arrived at the compound. I had gotten to know the Avengers, mostly Wanda, Natasha, Steve and Tony. The others were rather skeptical.

I hadn't told anyone about the dream. It probably wasn't that important, but it bothered me. That young boy. Who was he?

After a short workout with Natasha, I decided to tell her about the dream. I knocked on the door to her room, and after a small "come in!", I opened the door.

Nat was sitting on her bed while drying her hair with a towel. "Hey Frey," Nat smiled to me. In such a short time, we had created a strong bond. She told me all about their missions and enemies. She also watched movies with me and documentaries, trying to see if I remembered anything. But I didn't.

"Nat? Can I talk to you?" I asked while walking towards her. "Sure honey, what sup?" She answered and patted the spot next to her in bed. I sat down next to her. "I keep having this reoccurring dream," I started without looking at her, scared that she would think I was mad.

"What dream?" she just asked and put away the towel.

Now I looked up at her. She seemed concerned. "About this place far, far away. With a huge palace, where everything is golden and beautiful." while telling the story, I saw flashes of the dream in my head. "But everything is blurry,".

Nat was quiet and bit the inside of her cheek. "It sounds like a nice dream."

"But it's so real and it feels like somewhere I know!" I explained enthusiastically. Nat looked down at her fingers. "I don't know Frey. Is this dream telling you something else?" she asked.

I swallowed and nodded slowly. "I keep seeing this young boy. It's as if I knew him," I paused before continuing; "or even loved him.

Nat went quiet for a short while again, as if she was looking for the right thing to say. "I know I sound crazy," I said and shook my head. "No Freya, you don't." Nat reassured me and put a hand on my knee.

"I know this is hard for you, and I can't promise we'll find out where you're from or who you are. But for now you're with us and this is your home." she smiled to me and looked away.

"Thank you Nat. For everything." I whispered before pulling her into a hug. At first she didn't hug back, but eventually she did.

Loki

"Odin! Did you kill Freya?!" Loki shouted while walking towards his fathers throne. Guards were lined up next to the throne, but were standing completely still.

The last days, Odin wouldn't speak to anyone, but when he opened the doors to the throne room, Loki was the first one to enter.

"I'm not going to tell you." Odin said casually, looking directly into his sons eyes.