Chapter 36

[A/N:- Mature content. Reader discretion advised.]

*Earth: Three human months later*

"It is almost unrecognizable." Li Xiang takes a deep breath and loops her arms around YiYang. "If I didn't know better, I would think we are still on TengFei."

YiYang agrees. He glances at his best friend, Li Kun, who was crouching next to a shrub with leaves that looked like blades of grass. "Ah-Kun, if you stare at it anymore, its parents will ask for your hand in marriage." He chuckles, patting the scientist's shoulder.

Li Kun huffs and swats his hand away, "I created it. I am its parent! Now, get out of here. Take Ah-Xiang with you."
Li Xiang shakes her head, "Brother, weren't you against me spending time with YiYang?"

"How can I stop you from spending time with your husband!?" The busy scientist says irritably before moving to the next shrub.

YiYang laughs, the sound revibrates through the lush green forest, "I settled for her because I knew you had already pledged your alliance to the soil." He teases, earning an angry frown from his wife.

"Guess who is sleeping next to you under the stars tonight, brother?" The lady asks rhetorically before stomping her feet and leaving the two friends to their own devices.

Li Kun sighs. Without looking up from his precious flora, he asks, "Why are you like this, brother-in-law?"
YiYang smirks and squats next to his friend, "I missed you. This is the only way I can spend time with you."
The flora-lover nods; he finally looks away from the shrub that, until then, had his complete attention. "How is your father holding up?"

"He spent his whole life on TengFei; moreover, his heart is filled with remorse for what he did to YiHuang. He still can't bring himself to face him. Ah-Huang has requested him multiple times to leave TengFei, but it seems like the hate in his heart for humans runs too deep. He would rather die on TengFei than live a long, healthy life here." YiYang leans back. His face glows under the moonlight.

Li Kun can tell that his friend has more to say; he continues tending to the plants. Checking the soil composition and taking samples, he waits for YiYang to continue.

"Ah-Huang hasn't left Officer Zhang's side in the past months." YiYang's tone grows weary. "Professor Kwan has been visiting YiHuang with lady YiCai more often lately. It's for the best, I reckon. He has been kept from his birth mother for too long."

"I still can't believe the lengths to which Emperor YiLei went to control YiHuang's life." Li Kun muses and regrets it instantly. "Ah-Yang, I didn't...sorry."

YiYang shrugs, "Don't be. You were merely stating facts. To be honest, I can't wrap my mind around it either...I mean, he imprisoned his own sister on land, stole her son and threatened Professor Kwan, and swore him to secrecy in exchange for keeping Lady YiCai alive! How could he do this to his own sister!?"

Li Kun gives his best friend's arm a reassuring squeeze, "I am sure he knows he was in the wrong. I think that's why he chose not to relocate."

Once YiLei had accepted to follow the words of The First, Zhang, accompanied by YiHuang and Li Xiang, had arrived on land. After pouring the Golden liquid that they had acquired from the beacon into Earth's core (as instructed by the hologram), the three had channeled their internal force into it. Their combined energies had rejuvenated the soil. It had healed humans whose bodies had withered beyond repair due to inhaling decades of toxins in the air and destroyed all harmful substances in the atmosphere that could mortally hurt Yuanjians, leaving it as pure as it was at the dawn of mankind.