I shrugged, "She's my girlfriend," I explained. Lola sighed and looked elsewhere.

"Now, if you'll excuse us, we're going shopping," Violet pushed Lola out of the way. Linking arms with me, she forced me to walk, "Come on." Every foot step took of great effort. I slid my hand down my face, in distress. I almost wanted to cry because of how miserable I was going to be as they shop. Don't get me wrong, I loved buying things but not when Violet was shopping. "And don't you dare complain, Rosemary, you can eat snacks while I try on clothes," she added.

"Thank you for allowing me to eat," I replied sarcastically. Roughly, Violet pinched my cheek, supposedly in a caressing manner. I pulled my face away from her.

"Oh and afterwards, can we have lobster for dinner?" Rachel asked excitedly.

"Of course," Violet settled on, without consulting me first.

Kill me now, I actually wished for.

-

My eyes wandered around as we entered a ranch. This was definitely not the shopping center. Violet did not like these kind of places. Well actually, she liked the animals, she just didn't like the smell. Already, I could see her face scrunch in disgust due to the odor. She pinched her nose to keep the smell out.

"Violet, what are we doing here?" I was confused.

She stopped pinching her nose, "I know that you like going horse back riding, so I arranged for us to spend the afternoon doing just that," she explained. My mouth dropped. Was she serious? My eyes flickered. Violet chuckled, "Aren't you going to say anything?"

I was at loss for words. I couldn't believe that she actually did this! I was immensely surprised and impressed! I really appreciated it.

"Thank you!" I cupped her face and kissed her. She really deserved it. Wow, she really did surprise me.

"My uncle just sent me a text, saying that the horses are ready," Rachel informed.

"This is your uncle's ranch?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yeah, pretty cool, huh?" her eyes wandered around, letting the beautiful sight sink in. I nodded.

Holding Violet in my arms, I asked her, "So this was your plan all along?"

Smiling, she replied, "Uh-huh. I wouldn't ever drag you to go shopping," she poked my stomach slightly, teasingly.

"You have before," I pointed out.

"But never literally dragged you," she laughed. True. That would've been a first.

"Girls, let's go horse back riding," Rachel smirked. Since she knew the way, we simply followed her. Ah, I was so excited! Not only because I loved horse back riding but because Violet was here. I knew that she knew how to ride a horse but I was interested to see her in this environment. She was actually going to put up with it, just to make me happy. Now I felt bad for not defending her better from Lola. If only I would have known what her real plan was all along. No wonder why she was forcing me to come so badly.

-

We changed clothes. Violet packed my clothes ahead of time and hid it in the car, so I wouldn't suspect at first. Good thinking.

The ride was bumpy but it was so relaxing. Ah, this was peaceful. My horse walked smoothly. I caressed him along the way. He stopped to drink water, I allowed him to. Looking over my shoulder, I noticed that Rachel was trying to prevent her horse from drinking any.

"Let him drink," I chuckled.

"He already drank at the last stop," she thought that was enough. The trail was long and they were getting tired.