The Recording | Chpt 15

Start from the beginning

I guess...that did work? But how was this supposed to help?

"He'll catch me and then boom, madly in love at first bromantic glance."

I had to get Kaminari to explain bromance to me several times before I fully grasped the concept.

"Oh, Kaminari, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there," I stated. It sounded unnatural coming out of my mouth, which was evidence towards me being the world's worst actress.

"Sero, bro, thank you," Kaminari said, placing a hand on Sero's chest. He eyed Kaminari with an amused grin, mixed with confusion as to why Kaminari was acting so...fawningly.

"Sure dude," Sero said, tugging Kaminari to stand and brushing off his shoulder. Kaminari winked in my direction and I stood by, rather confused still. I just walked off, leaving the pair be for now. I had done my job.

"I do not understand their dynamic," Todoroki said as I passed by him. I stopped, looking back at the 2 with Todoroki.

"Right? I have no clue," I said, letting out a sigh. It was obvious Todoroki and I shared similarities in the way we behaved. We were both quiet and I had heard in passing a few times that Todoroki had been rather sheltered too. He had some siblings, which I suppose might've helped him, but I had the pub so it seemed like we were even. I made my way back to my dorm to grab my bag. Now that I was done, I had to identify a few more people that had come into the bar or not. Today, I believed we were going to talk about the League of Villains. I knew some about them and I had heard all about what they had done to the class I was now in. It seemed out of place to ignore them up until now.

"Can you identify which members came into the establishment?" the officer asked.

"Those 2," I stated, pointing out Shigaraki, who was recognized as a sort of leader of the League, and one of the members whose name was escaping me at the moment.

"Dabi and Shigaraki," the officer said, pointing towards the woman taking notes. She scribbled them down as Aizawa watched with great scrutiny. "What were they doing in the bar?"

"They didn't eat anything, they just drank," I said. "I didn't serve them, my dad did. He was really nice to Shigaraki specifically, but they just met with someone else for a little while. I don't know what they talked about."

"Any identifiers of this person?"

"He was male, with this big coat? He kept his hood on so I don't know what he looked like. My mother kept me behind the bar that evening."

"Big coat?"

"Yeah, like something was underneath the coat. You could tell he was a normal sized guy, but the coat was all rounded and everything, meaning there was something underneath."

"Any speculations as to what that was?"

"Mmm, I don't know," I said, setting my hands on the table. "Could've been something from his quirk or maybe bullet proof padding in case he thought...he would get shot? I don't know."

"When was this?"

"Rather recently? I'd say like close to 2 and a half months ago," I said. "They've never been in the pub before that."

"We'll run the tapes to see the man," he said, pointing to the note keeper.

"Excuse me?" I asked, causing the officer to look at me. "What tapes?"

"We had a hero install cameras in the pub around 6 months ago to ensure that we had the right place under suspicion," he said. I paused, feeling my stomach drop. They watched me for almost 6 months and hadn't done anything sooner? It felt...wrong. "Don't worry, the main tapes we pull are street cams to see what your parents were up to. The bar camera wasn't for you."