"What the?" Arjun asked.

"We need your dad."

"Okay. Okay... I will go wake him up..." He said running off.

I stood at the door nervously. The door to the twins' apartment opened and Adithi stepped out in her pyjamas. "Oh... I was right. I thought I heard your voice." She said. "I had slept off in living room couch today while watching TV. So could hear your voice."

"Go back and sleep," I told her.

"What is happening? Why are you here?"

If I tell her, she will insist to come with us to the police station. And it's the middle of the night. I did not want her to overexert her like that.

I turned to her. "It's nothing. Go back." I said. I knew that was not going to help. Adithi can't resist anything she is curious about.

Arjun and his father came out of the house in the next second. Uncle had managed to get into a suit hurriedly...

"Oh... Why is uncle??" Adithi asked pointing. "What is happening?"

I walked closer to her. "It's nothing." I told her, "Will tell you tomorrow. Go back and sleep," I tucked a lock of her hair back to her ear back, and rubbed my thumb to her cheek lovingly. "Go sleep. Good night..."

She still looked confused but I gently pushed her back into her home, and she closed the door. Good. Taken care of that. I turned back to Arjun and his father.

"What exactly happened?" Uncle asked me. "Why did Farhan get arrested?"

"He seemed to have injured Mr Akram Khan of 406... The police said its an attempt to murder. I don't know more details too."

Arjun and his dad looked shocked to death.

A few hours later, we were at the police station. We heard the details of what had happened...

"It's still a crime." The Inspector concluded.

"But he was hitting her," Farhan said.

"That doesn't justify your actions. We can't charge it as self-defence. And you broke and entered the house... And also, hit the guy more than once..."

"Farhan?" Arjun's dad asked, "Did you hit him more than once?"

Farhan looked down to the floor. "Yes....." he slowly said.

I saw Arjun's dad look agitated.

"Why?" I hissed at Farhan. If he only hit just once, then we could have somehow lessened the intensity of the situation. Even I have the common sense as much.

"I wanted to finish him," Farhan said. There was deep hatred in his voice. His eyes gave out a fire of anger and disgust. "Wanted him to die..."

Arjun's dad placed a hand on Farhan's shoulder immediately as if warning him to shut up.

The inspector grunted....

Arjun's dad looked a bit lost and troubled now.

"Intentional murder attempt." The Inspector said.

In a few minutes, they locked him up again.

Arjun and I sat on the front steps of the police station. Many hours had passed and now dawn was breaking... Arjun's dad was still inside the police station trying to figure out a solution.

Arjun and I were just silently sitting. Uncle (Arjun's dad) came and sat by us after some time.

"Any progress, dad?" Arjun asked.