3.

Chloe wasn't too familiar with the hangover. She always was the responsible one, the driver, who didn't drink so her friend could. Most of the time. Not now. This wasn't her first hangover so she knew exactly what to do. The light was too bright in the room. It didn't let Chloe sleep even if she tried so hard. The last night's memories felt distant and foggy. Her head hurted like her brain wanted to jump out of her skull. One by one the memories as pictures came back to her mind. A man, a really hot man, whiskey, a good car, and... She tapped the place next to her with still closed eyes. When she felt the empty bedside she sighed with relief. Thank God! Slowly and safely Chloe sat up. She sat on the edge of the bed willing herself the strength to stand. In that moment that she tried to stand up, she fell back to the bed immediately.

"Never ever drink again." She whispered to herself. "This much." She added, running her fingers through her head, tried to send away the painful headache that she still had.

God if her mother would have known that she slept with Mark Windsor... she would be out of her own world. As she said once to Chloe, she did a lot of things that shamed her, but Chloe always could show something newer and newer.

She needed to take some clothes on, so she got up with a big swing and tried to not to fall back.

"Ugh!" Okay whiskey. Never again whiskey. In the bathroom's waning light she looked terrible. More terrible than just terrible. Her make up from yesterday was still on her face, some purple-red mark on her chest and neck, and pale skin. She washed the make up down from her face and tried not to throw up, washed her teeth and brushed her hair. She didn't plan to go out anywhere, so she stayed in a simple white t-shirt and leggings combo. When she opened the door of her room, the smell of the coffee slapped her in the face. Chloe went down the stairs one by one, until she heard two different voices from there. The talking and laughing filled the place,and for Chloe's sensitive ear they were so loud. Eliza stood behind the counter, Mark sat on one of the chairs in front of it and they drank coffee. The first thing in her mind was that, what is happening? The next second she cursed the vampires because they weren't hungover. It wasn't imaginable that Mark looked this good even if he had a hangover. The confusion on her face almost could yell. It could be felt that she interrupted something, she just didn't know what yet.

"Good morning peach!" Eliza smiled at her friend like the world would be the greatest place in the Universe and nothing bad could happen.

"Peach?" Mark whispered to her leaning closer.

"I'll tell you later." Eliza shook her head and gave a cup of coffee to Chloe's hand and a kiss to her cheek when she stood next to her. "Long night?"

"I don't know. Ask him." She pointed at the position of Mark and still tried to figure out what was building between the two young adults. "Since when are you too in this good relationship?"

"I made coffee for you and he came down first and I, as a really good host, offered him one too. And he accepted it." She avoided eye contact as much as she could.

"I thought you won't be here when I wake up." Chloe now looked at Mark, who looked down at his cup then back at her.

"I was going to go, but..." He tried to explain but her voice cut him off.

"But you met Eliza." She said looking back at her friend who still wasn't looking in her eyes. Like she would be afraid from the reaction she would see on her face. She wouldn't see jealousy, Chloe didn't feel that. Her and Mark weren't together or something like that. What she thought last night, that if she was sober, things between her and Mark wouldn't work out, she still thought that. Because that was that. Yes there was chemistry and passions, but that was it. They were too different, but not enough different for a match.