Harris Village

3 days over, and with that, Cale and his friends were heading to the Villa.

Which, of course, without forgetting to visit the Harris Village first.

"Good morning, young master-nim"

Gashan and the wolf children were the first to greet them as expected.

"Good morning. Have you guys been well?"

Cale greeted them back before then light chat were shared between them as Cale's group walked past the village's gate.

That red-haired male looked around and could see the changes this remote place has since the last he's been here.

'How nostalgic'

Cale never thought that he'd ever feel that way toward this place. However, after the scenarios he went through, he felt somewhat a bit closer to this place that he had little attachment to it before.

"Young master Cale-nim?"

Maes called out to the ex-commander who hummed in return after snapping out of his daze.

"Have you been eating well? Would you like us to cook you something? We have been practicing a lot!"

Maes proudly say to which Cale, despite slightly wary of Beacrox responses, nodded.

Cale doesn't know why these children suddenly getting this enthusiastic about the work he placed them for, but he does seek for some peace for as much and as long it is allowed.

He doesn't want to hear these children screaming loudly as they practiced hard so early in the morning.

So, having these passionate children working in the kitchen would surely do in his favor.

"Sure. Be careful not to burn yourself"

'Or the kitchen'

Cale sheepishly added in his heart before then leisurely taking a stroll around this rebuilt village, of course with Choi Han and the children tailing around.

But anyway, speaking of 'burn'...

'There are a lot of changes happened in this place'

Cale remember vividly when this land was burnt to the ground filled with ashes and ruins not long after his arrival here.

That being said, he also reminiscing the short time he was running around, or rather, dragged around, by the village children while Jour was watching on the sideline, giggling at him.

'Those children must have died as well'

After all, No one survived but Choi Han himself after that Harris Village's incident.

Cale had not thought about that before, but now that the fact clicked, he stopped tracing the soft texture of the stacking stones that created this 10 meters wall where the Forest of Darkness could be seen behind it- as he then clasped his hands and closed his eyes for a bit to pay respect to the dead.

"Cale-nim?"

"Hmm?"

"You're... praying?"

Cale is not the type to pray to gods or anything similarly to that, however, Choi Han's words did trigger a record from one of the scenario.

["Cale, what are you doing here?"

He turned his head to see his mother was approaching him.

"I was praying, mother."

He did not lie to his mother.

"Praying?"

Cale nodded before then continuing his words.