Chapter 18: Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"How can I convince you to stay?"

"You can't."

"What if I beg you?", as I said that, I was already on my knees.

"No, never", she pushed me and continued walking away from me.

"Then tell me-", I followed behind her still.

"What more can I say? Didn't you get why I had to act as though I had lost my memories? Well, let me tell you now! It was because I hated it. I hated those feelings and I honestly don't want to remember any one of them!", she finally stopped in her tracks and threw her arms up as she said that coldly. At the same time, I could see Jin already running up to us from afar.

"Wendy-ssi, are you done? Shall we get going now?", he asked and took a glance at me when he came up beside her.

I was looking really pathetic now, still holding on to Wendy's arms and pleading her to stay. Ironically, it reminded me of that time.

*FLASHBACK*

She held onto my hand immediately and she begged me.

"Please Mark, listen to me. Just listen to me this once..."

However, all I did was to pull her hand away, shoving her away at the same time and this caused her to fall backwards.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

This time, we had switched positions. She was the one who shove me away.

"Yeah, I have settled everything with him. Let's go now", she took one last look at me before telling that to Jin.

With that, she walked away, with Jin following behind her.

I guess, it is over.

I gulped down a sob and tried to keep my composure as she walked away. My heart broke into little tiny pieces and tears of regret blurred my vision. I wanted desperately to call out to her still, beg on my knees over and over again. I want to erase my mistakes, start over fresh but I guess that those hurtful words that came from me and the lack of trust will forever pain her while we are together.

She's right, it is over, and I killed it.

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

With each stride, my mind became more clear, more resolute, as if the growing physical distance between Mark and I had now become an emotional chasm. Memories of us were starting to flash by but I had to entomb them into thick walled ice.

Then, abruptly pausing to close my eyes and to take in a deep breath of the dewy air, I steeled myself to only think of my future without him.

Shit. How come it hurts so badly still? Why can't I see anything?

"Is this really what you want?", Jin's question then interrupted my thoughts.

No, I wanted to tell him that badly. That really wasn't what I had wanted but I'm left with no choice. Only then will Mark and I be able to live peacefully.

"How did you find me?", I changed the topic and asked him that instead.

"I was already reaching home when I saw you entering Mark's car. So I decided to follow behind in case you need any help. And so..."

"I see", I replied softly while roaming off to somewhere else.

"Where are you going?", Jin asked when he saw that I wasn't entering his car.

"Oppa, please leave me alone. I need some fresh air."

-
-
-

MARK'S POV