𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. the feared army

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WHEN PETER AND EDMUND rushed through the deeper tunnels of Aslan's How with their weapons in hand, followed with Trumpkin, Diana knew something was horribly wrong. She didn't know exactly, though the voice in her head told her it had to do with Caspian's sudden disappearance, so she grabbed her knife and ran.

Susan noticed this and fell on step with her, each one of them speeding up at the grunts and yells coming from the tunnels. But Diana never got the chance to prepare herself for the sight she was received with.

It was her. The same twisted and evil smirk in her features, though she seemed to be trapped in the giant block of ice surrounding the center of the cave. Peter stood in front of her with his sword raised defensively, and the White Witch didn't flinch in response, she kept her voice calm.

"You know you can't do this alone," she taunted.

Peter lowered his sword as the realization hit him, allowing the words of the twisted woman to enter his mind. Diana instantly panicked, approaching the room as she cried out for her brother.

"Peter!"

The loud noise of a sword piercing through the block of ice was what drowned the rest of Diana's phrase, and she looked forward to see the White Witch withering in pain as a sword pierced through her middle. The ice all around the rocks crashed and broke into thousands of pieces in the floor, revealing the person holding the sword from behind.

"I know," Edmund said. "You had it sorted."

He walked away without looking back from the scene, as if it wasn't of big importance. When both Peter and Caspian looked back, all Diana did was give them a disapproval look before turning on her heel, pulling Susan with her.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CASPIAN SAT ON the edge of the rockslides from Aslan's How, silently staring at the distance as he was trapped inside his own mind,  not paying attention to his surroundings until he felt a presence approaching from behind.

"Mind if I join?" Diana asked, lifting the edge of her dress to allow herself to sit down on the edge too, more specifically, right beside the prince.

"Didn't think you'll want to speak with me," Caspian confessed with a lowered head, staring down at his hands and not at the girl beside him.

"I thought it would be better to surprise you," Diana answered, smoothing the wrinkles in her dress.

"I should be apologizing, it was my fault what happened back there, I let my anger get the best of me," Caspian said.

"Emotions win the fight against ourselves most of the time. It's understandable," Diana told him. "It just made me scared, seeing the White Witch all over again."