𝐱𝐢. the wise words from the lion

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AT LAST, Diana was able to shrug off the heavy grey coat she had on, hanging it in one of the trees she walked by. She grabbed a hold of her book, the knife being placed around her waist by the strap it had and went along through the rest of the journey, the soft spring breeze brushing against her skin as it dried her clothes.

After a long walk, Diana's vision was able to notice something peculiar in the distance. Not so far from them, small tents were placed around a large field of grass, all being piled up together, as if it were a camp.

When they got closer, Diana's eyes widened when she spotted creatures walking through the camp, all wearing armor; some were centaurs, fauns, and even wild animals. But one thing Diana saw strange, was the way everyone stopped on their duties to stare at her and the others, smiling in their direction.

"Why are they all staring at us?" Susan uttered through a smile.

"Maybe they think you look funny," Lucy replied with a teasing smirk. Diana and Peter shared a smile when Susan rolled her eyes.

They continued walking forward, noticing the enormous crowd that was following after them, and stopped after they came across the end of the tent with the finest designs. It was covered with golden and red details, and the engraving of a lion face.

Diana and her siblings walked towards a standing centaur, who was looking at them in interest. She heard the familiar sound of a sword being unsheathed, and looked over to her left to see Peter raising it in the air.

"We have come to see Aslan," he said firmly.

The crowd immediately broke into murmurs and gasps, but the centaur didn't pay them any mind and turned his gaze over to the gold and red tent, and everyone fell to their knees on the grass.

Diana kept on staring at the tent when she saw a strange paw coming right out of it, followed by the body of a beautiful, golden brown lion. The animal was bigger than any of the lions Diana knew back home, and she knew why, just by standing in his presence, she already felt the power radiating from him.

Her, Peter, Susan and Lucy kneeled to the ground as the rest of the crowd when Aslan stopped right in front of them in his confident stance.

"Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam," Aslan greeted.

He turned to the sisters. "Welcome, Diana, Susan and Lucy, Daughters of Eve."

Aslan looked down at the couple of beavers. "And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks. But where is the fifth?"

The siblings stood from their kneeling position and Diana looked down in shame.